Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY thin skin hair pieces
01-15-2009, 07:41 AM,
DIY thin skin hair pieces
If I'm not mistaken, I recently read on here that the thin skin pieces are made by hand instead of with a machine. If that's the case, would it be possible to make one myself? I wouldn't be doing this for profit, rather to fine tune it to exactly match my growth patterns and angulation. I've located a few places that sell raw European hair which I believe would be a better fit for me because of my Ukrainian descent. I know... Remy or whatever works fine but at the end of the day, you're still putting Indian hair on a Caucasian's head.

If anyone could help me figure out if this would be an option, I'd really appreciate it.
01-17-2009, 08:11 AM,
Re: DIY thin skin hair pieces
With all the time and effort, it cheaper to just buy one.

Let's say you spend a week on it... we'll be conservative and say you only spend 4 hours a night on it.

That's 4 hours x 5 days = 20 hours.

We'll use $10 an hour as an example... that's $200. That's not even figuring in the cost of supplies and tools which would increase the cost as well.

I'd rather just buy the piece from a company when its all said and done.
01-18-2009, 02:24 AM,
Re: DIY thin skin hair pieces
my friendly recently bought a factory that make paper cardboard in ShenZhen... i am amzed with some info I got:

In a modern city in China, a junior worker's avg salary is approx. $0.35 /hr USD.
if you can get a factory in a rural area.. you can probably hire a worker for $0.10/hr USD...
so dont even think about making a machine to do this.