Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHampoos for hair pieces..
01-19-2009, 05:04 PM,
Re: SHampoos for hair pieces..
JRob Wrote:I agree....the less often you wash the hair the longer it will last.

But the thing is, you have to at least shampoo the base when you remove. So even if you don't wash the hair itself, you are still washing the knots.

For me, I use styling product and pretty much have to wash twice a week. I suppose I could stretch it by only washing the hair every other time I remove, but I don't think I could get the hair to play nice if I did.

About the sun doing damage.....I have to caution not to underestimate the effects of UV rays. My very first piece started turning orange after only 2-3 hours in the sun.

I don't wash the base (lace) when I remove the unit. The 99% alcohol that I use to remove the unit, cleans it just fine. Wink

I live in Tucson AZ and we have some the most intense sun (UV rays) in the US. We have the 2nd highest rate of skin cancer in the world.

I still stand by my statement that shampooing causes far more fading than the sun.
That fact that you had a unit start turning orange after just a couple of hours in the sun would suggest, at least to me, that there was something else going on with that unit.
I've been wearing these lace units with human hair for several years now (I've worn for about 20 years but all the other time the hair has been synthetic) and I quickly figured out that it's the shampooing that really causes the hair dye to fad. Same with one's own hair, if you dye it. Shampooing will fade it, turn it reddish, etc., really quickly.

I regularly work outside in the yard in the intense summer sun and as often as not, don't wear a hat.
My units last a long, long time, with hardly no fading at all, no shedding, and no lace edge fraying.

Rob, I've noticed that you've mention several times that your full caps shed kinda quickly, that is you said to get them higher density than one wants as they'll shed down to the "correct" density quickly.
As with the SFS unit, I'm getting ready to try a full cap.
My prediction is that I'll not see that shedding with it either....
Haven't had a single shedding problem yet with any of the units that I've gotten here from TL, either with a french base nor with a SFS base.

Having said that I do some things that most probably don't:
- I rarely wash (shampoo) the unit
- I sleep with a satin pillow case
- I wear a hair net (usually) when I sleep

Quote:For me, I use styling product and pretty much have to wash twice a week. I suppose I could stretch it by only washing the hair every other time I remove, but I don't think I could get the hair to play nice if I did.

Try maybe just misting it with some water and see if that wakes up the styling product.
It will for a lot of styling sprays and gels.

Smile
Fred

Messages In This Thread
Re: SHampoos for hair pieces.. - Mr.Burns - 01-16-2009, 02:09 AM
Re: SHampoos for hair pieces.. - JRob - 01-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Re: SHampoos for hair pieces.. - peverel - 01-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Re: SHampoos for hair pieces.. - JRob - 01-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Re: SHampoos for hair pieces.. - peverel - 01-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Re: SHampoos for hair pieces.. - JRob - 01-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Re: SHampoos for hair pieces.. - peverel - 01-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Re: SHampoos for hair pieces.. - JRob - 01-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Re: SHampoos for hair pieces.. - HarryJP - 01-19-2009, 10:26 AM