Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHampoos for hair pieces..
01-15-2009, 11:23 AM,
SHampoos for hair pieces..
can any of these be used on hair pieces ??

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.jason-natural.com/products/specialty_hair_care.php">http://www.jason-natural.com/products/s ... r_care.php</a><!-- m -->

which shampoos are thes best to use and are friendly on the wallet ?? i'm wanting to know what to but so when i recieve my hair piece i will have eveything.
01-16-2009, 02:09 AM,
Re: SHampoos for hair pieces..
Yes, I used them. Jason are great and not too expensive either Smile

I used the kids one and the swimmers one.

But now I use purology and it's even better for colour and hydration.
01-16-2009, 04:28 AM,
Give me about a month.....

The Blue Max shampoo and conditioner are in the final stages of development.

I still can't release all of the details, but I will tell you this-

Both products

• - Contain no sulfates

- Are color safe

- Detangle the hair (If the hair is in good condition you can safely COMB the hair when wet, easily distributing the conditioner evenly)

- Are made with several cutting edge ingredients that will help protect the hair (this is the part I can't talk about yet)[/list:u]

In addition, the shampoo

• - Produces thick, rich, creamy lather even in the presence of oils or styling products (most sulfate-free products aren't very good at this)

- Has excellent conditioning properties on it's own[/list:u]

I'm super excited to roll out these products! This is going to revolutionize hairpiece maintenance.

Details to come.....
01-16-2009, 05:43 AM,
when the blue max products are available will they be reasonably priced?? i just bought some jason tea tree all natural, would that work? i bought it for by biological hair, but wondering if it would work on pieces.
01-16-2009, 07:27 AM,
Hey JRob,

Exciting news, can't wait for them to come out.
One question though, I am always kind of careful when it comes to conditioner or shampoos with built in conditioner because of shedding issues.
Maybe I wash my head/hair wrong, but when I use this kind of shampoo (like Creme of Nature which is also excellent with conditioning and softening/detangling hair) I can clearly see the difference to normal shampoos in terms of hair shedding which increases a lot...

So maybe you have some advice on this?

Thanks and best regards,

Peverel
01-16-2009, 10:49 AM,
Crazyelvis- The price is yet to be determined (the ingredients aren't 100% finalized), but as I mentioned before I am going to do everything I can to keep each product under $20.

peverel Wrote:Hey JRob,

Exciting news, can't wait for them to come out.
One question though, I am always kind of careful when it comes to conditioner or shampoos with built in conditioner because of shedding issues.
Maybe I wash my head/hair wrong, but when I use this kind of shampoo (like Creme of Nature which is also excellent with conditioning and softening/detangling hair) I can clearly see the difference to normal shampoos in terms of hair shedding which increases a lot...

So maybe you have some advice on this?

Just to clarify, the Blue Max shampoo is not a "two in one" shampoo. It has conditioning properties, but it isn't a "conditioning shampoo" as something you would see on the shelf that has excess dimethicone added to it.

The only time you should ever have this kind of a problem is if you get a unit with loose knots. I have only gotten one of these out of the couple dozen units I have owned though.

You know, everyone has said in the past to avoid getting conditioner on the knots, and I KNOW that it can loosen them because I used a leave-in conditioner the other day to remove hair from the hairline of a unit, but I am not particularly careful when I condition my units and I never have any issues with the knots coming loose. Now I don't usually condition when it's on my head which might make a little difference, but it has been my experience that as long as the hair isn't stressed while it is wet, even if you get conditioner on the knots you shouldn't get any hair coming loose.

Are you sure the hairloss isn't due to breakage? I have had a lot more issues with breakage than with knots coming loose.

I have been using the test samples the lab sent to me ever since I started wearing my latest full cap, and I haven't lost any hair that I could tell through the knots loosening. Actually, I haven't lost very much at all. It looks pretty much exactly the way it did the first day I got it (density wise). This is a HUGE change from the shedding issues I have had in the past.

I'm ecstatic at the performance of the three products working together. Clean, condition, seal in the moisture. Works like a charm. You guys are gonna love it, I promise you.
01-16-2009, 11:06 AM,
Thanks for your answer JRob.

What do you mean by saying
Quote:"but it has been my experience that as long as the hair isn't stressed while it is wet, even if you get conditioner on the knots you shouldn't get any hair coming loose."
?
What do you consider as the hair getting stressed?

Thanks again,

Peverel
01-16-2009, 01:32 PM,
peverel Wrote:Thanks for your answer JRob.

What do you mean by saying
Quote:"but it has been my experience that as long as the hair isn't stressed while it is wet, even if you get conditioner on the knots you shouldn't get any hair coming loose."
?
What do you consider as the hair getting stressed?

Thanks again,

Peverel

If the hair is tangled in any way and you try to say, run a comb through it, the comb will grab and pull out hair.

Everyone also says "Never comb the hair when it is wet" which is good advice due to the fact that when hair is wet it breaks down the hydrogen bonds and causes the hair to become weaker.

Normal sulfate-free shampoo that is not designed for processed hair that has no conditioning properties tends to make the hair tangle. As soon as the cuticle layers of the individual hairs catch each other due to the lack of "slip" it makes it impossible to comb without damage, but if the shampoo is made with the right ingredients it breaks the friction between the hair, and you can safely run a comb through it. This is especially helpful when conditioning because if you can comb the conditioner through the hair you can distribute it more thoroughly. But don't try combing conditioner through after using a normal shampoo. You will end up with hairs that are sticking together and it will create tension which can either break the hair or pull it out by untying the knot.

Bottom line- if the shampoo is made the right way and the hair is in GOOD CONDITION, you can safely comb the conditioner through the hair and even gently comb the hair after you have rinsed the conditioner to set the hair in the general position you want to make it easier for attachment and/or styling. Remember though, if the hair is in bad shape don't touch it with a comb! And always always ALWAYS use a WIDE tooth comb no matter what.
01-18-2009, 08:24 PM,
Hey JRob,

Thanks for the advice. Well, I have to say, I always comb my hair when it is wet (I thought this is better than combing it when it is tangled and dry...).

So what do you normally do, when the hair tangles after a shower? Should I wait until it is dry and then start combing it?

Thanks,

Peverel
01-19-2009, 09:27 AM,
peverel Wrote:So what do you normally do, when the hair tangles after a shower? Should I wait until it is dry and then start combing it?

Thanks,

Peverel

It depends upon the shampoo you are using and the condition of the hair.

Before developing the Blue Max shampoo I would very carefully comb conditioner through the hair, but no matter how careful I was I would always end up losing hair due to the fact that the cuticles were catching.

Now, as long as the hair is in good condition, the shampoo adds enough "slip" to prevent this from happening.

Bottom line- if you use the right products the hair won't tangle at all.