Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time
01-17-2009, 04:14 AM,
Time
Just curious. How long does it usually take to do the entire deal. Removal, Cleaning, Shower, Shampoo, Reattach and style.
I did my second attachment and it took about an hour for everything. I had a bit of a problem with some tape residue and putting the tape on the unit. I use those Proflex mini tabs and sometimes they are a bit small to work with.
01-17-2009, 09:19 AM,
Re: Time
I do a removal the night before. Removal takes about 5-10 minutes. Cleaning maybe 10 minutes. Load tape I use the "
Super Tape (ST-30) CC on the back and Super Tape (ST-30) Mini tabs around the sides and Walker CC contour in the front again about 5-10 to load the tape. Shower clean my head. Go to sleep say 8 hours. Get up the next morning. Peel paper of the tape that is on the piece. Spray some 99% on the tape and my head to give me some unit adjustment time. Put the unit on my head line it up. Probably 10 minutes for this operation. Spray my small broken comb with 99% alcohol and then use on the front hairline to make sure it is attached good. Attachment is good for 10-14 days. I usually change 7-10 days. So I guess at most adding all that up about 40 minutes tops for Removal, cleaning, Reattach and style.

Macmike
02-01-2009, 05:14 AM,
macmike Wrote:I do a removal the night before. Removal takes about 5-10 minutes. Cleaning maybe 10 minutes. Load tape I use the "
Super Tape (ST-30) CC on the back and Super Tape (ST-30) Mini tabs around the sides and Walker CC contour in the front again about 5-10 to load the tape.

Macmike

Macmike: Do you expose your hairline with the Super Tape CC in the front? Or do you comb down? Any shine or unnaturalness to using this tape at the lace hairline?

Thanks
02-01-2009, 07:33 AM,
I use Walker CC on the front. It has a side labeled that goes to the scalp. No problem with shine.

Mike
02-01-2009, 11:18 AM,
macmike Wrote:I do a removal the night before. Removal takes about 5-10 minutes. Cleaning maybe 10 minutes. Load tape I use the "
Super Tape (ST-30) CC on the back and Super Tape (ST-30) Mini tabs around the sides and Walker CC contour in the front again about 5-10 to load the tape. Shower clean my head. Go to sleep say 8 hours. Get up the next morning. Peel paper of the tape that is on the piece. Spray some 99% on the tape and my head to give me some unit adjustment time. Put the unit on my head line it up. Probably 10 minutes for this operation. Spray my small broken comb with 99% alcohol and then use on the front hairline to make sure it is attached good. Attachment is good for 10-14 days. I usually change 7-10 days. So I guess at most adding all that up about 40 minutes tops for Removal, cleaning, Reattach and style.

Macmike
So do you use all tape and no glue?

Are there any disadvantages to using an all tape attachment and no glue whatsoever?
02-01-2009, 11:23 AM,
All tape. A Super Tape CC in the back. A 3/4 by inch Super Tape on the sides and a Walker's CC in the front. If I use glue I like the tip I saw on another site of putting the unit on except for the front. Laying the front down and use some colored tape cut in strips as markers placing about 6 along the front hair line pin the front hair back, apply glue then take up the markers and lay the hair back down. Tried it worked like a charm. If you want to see the video demoing this write me privately at mail<at>mikealrhughes<dot>com. Substituting the appropriate symbol for what is said inside the <> of course leaving out the <> in each instance.

macmike