Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Bill Gates really have to take a shot at Silvio?
02-01-2010, 11:38 AM,
Did Bill Gates really have to take a shot at Silvio?
This week, Bill Gates made it perfectly clear that he was unimpressed with Silvio Berlusconi’s foreign aid policy, declaring that the Italian Prime minster was on his “shame list.” Fair enough, since an annual report published by Gates’ foundation accused Italy of being “uniquely stingy among European donors.” Italy’s foreign aid budget was 0.11% of its GDP in 2009, half of what it was the year before. Even so, was it really necessary for the Microsoft founder turned philanthropist, to take a cheap shot at Berlusconi’s decision to have a hair transplant?

In a moment of unabashed chastisement, Gates took the opportunity to tie his criticism of the prime minster’s foreign policy to Berlusconi’s personal decision to shell out his own money for a hair transplant.

“Rich people spend a lot more money on their own problems, like baldness, than they do to fight malaria,” Gates told the Süddeutsche Zeitung.

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

02-01-2010, 12:30 PM,
Re: Did Bill Gates really have to take a shot at Silvio?
cynically ....this men who have full head of hair "doesnt understand" how people could spend money to cure that problem. Those ppl take baldnes as a joke, but when they loose hair ..oh than it is different story . Btw . Silvio spent 100x more money on hookers than on his hair
02-02-2010, 01:32 AM,
Yep, a very cheap shot. I'd like to go through Bill's finances to see what frivolous things he's spent cash on when he could have given it to charity. And funny coming from Gates who lives in one of the worlds most exspensive houses. He can well afford the money he gives away in donations and I'm sure he won't be looking down the back of the sofa for loose change. He's no saint so maybe he should shut the fcuk up.
02-15-2010, 09:26 AM,
>>"He's no saint so maybe he should shut the xxxx up."

really now... He's no saint huh?

I really think you need to read up on Bill Gates
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_&_Melinda_Gates_Foundation">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_&_Mel ... Foundation</a><!-- m -->

He is the single most philanthropic person who has ever existed.
Before you go bad mouthing someone because they make a snarky remark about your personal issue, you should read up on that person.

He has every right to be annoyed at rich people who spend their money poorly.
He is not talking about everyday Joes, he's talking about rich people who do nothing..
Are you rich? I think not, so the remark isn't directed at you, it's directed at world leaders like Silvio Berlusconi who do pretty much nothing but worry about their personal situations.

If we had 100 Bill Gates, this world would be a much better place.
You really should educate yourself a bit.