Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP with shedding during detach / shampoo
01-17-2009, 06:41 AM,
HELP with shedding during detach / shampoo
I have took some good advice from John and this board and help cut down the regular shedding... however I am still losing a lot of hair during detaching ...

the main problem I face is when i remove the super tape (or st30) from the poly... some hair always stick to the tape NO MATTER how much alcohbol or adhesive remover i sprayed on it before pulling the tape off.
Of coz , I am also having a tough time removing ST-30/Supertape off Poly and i accidentally pull more hair off during the process... this is kind of frustrating everytime i do a maintenance...

anybody can give me some good advice here? (suppose i want to stick with TL150 or TL250 with poly side and back)
I am starting my new piece (TL150) next month and hopefully it will be a better experience.
01-17-2009, 07:08 AM,
Re: HELP with shedding during detach / shampoo
Have you tried spraying a mist of alcohol UNDER the base as you lift it?

Soak it from the top first. Actually, I soak it twice. Once to loosen, then I put more alcohol on since the first round starts to dry out. Then as I carefully lift the base, I spray additional alcohol anywhere I get resistance.
01-19-2009, 10:36 AM,
I use Jrob's way, except I do not take the piece off my head until it almost falls off from spraying around the unit waiting and spraying again until it just almost falls off and the tape stays on my head, not the lace.
01-19-2009, 10:41 AM,
HarryJP Wrote:I use Jrob's way, except I do not take the piece off my head until it almost falls off from spraying around the unit waiting and spraying again until it just almost falls off and the tape stays on my head, not the lace.

If you read the original post you'll see that he's talking about a poly edged unit, so the tape is on the poly, not the lace.

Smile
Fred (StealthTJ)
01-19-2009, 10:46 AM,
sorry. Just noticed that. thanks for pointing it out.
I think I had a poly unit once and one of the advantages was being able to just rip the tape off without having to worry about it shedding, perhaps I was in error.
01-19-2009, 02:34 PM,
I'm confused by his post also.
I've had lace units with poly around the edges and rear.
There were no knots exposed on the underside of the poly, no exposed hair at all.
As you mentioned, I could simply remove the tape with no worries at all.

Smile
Fred