Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out my mohawk!
04-14-2009, 03:28 PM,
Re: Check out my mohawk!
Its a French lace piece with 85% density. I like a high density so when it sheds, I can get more life out of it. I've gotten 4 months out of my last one!

I order it blonde and then have the whole head colored using foils. No color is applied directly to the scalp to prevent coloring the lace.

I use white glue that dries clear. I have a few brands I use. All give me 2-3 weeks attachment. The frontal hairline is all that needs touch ups from time to time.

Shaving your sides is easy. The key is to leave some overlap with the hairpiece hair that is a bit textured and shattered, so that you can blend it into your own shaved hair. The key is to not have a ledge or ridge between your own shaved hair and the piece. Having the sides of the piece thinned out a bit and shattered will aid in the blending process. You can kind of see this in the picture BA posted.

I have no pictures of me without hair. Sorry. I basically look like the pictures, without the cool hair on top!
04-14-2009, 09:54 PM,
JamesKennedy Wrote:Its a French lace piece with 85% density. I like a high density so when it sheds, I can get more life out of it. I've gotten 4 months out of my last one!

I order it blonde and then have the whole head colored using foils. No color is applied directly to the scalp to prevent coloring the lace.

I use white glue that dries clear. I have a few brands I use. All give me 2-3 weeks attachment. The frontal hairline is all that needs touch ups from time to time.

Shaving your sides is easy. The key is to leave some overlap with the hairpiece hair that is a bit textured and shattered, so that you can blend it into your own shaved hair. The key is to not have a ledge or ridge between your own shaved hair and the piece. Having the sides of the piece thinned out a bit and shattered will aid in the blending process. You can kind of see this in the picture BA posted.

I have no pictures of me without hair. Sorry. I basically look like the pictures, without the cool hair on top!

Thank you for the detailed information.

I think i kown now that it is very important to pay attention to the overlap from the hairpiece to the existing hair to create a style like yours.

Would be nice to see some more pitures. Very good job mate. Looks Great!

Regards,
Steve
04-16-2009, 04:36 AM,
The only issue I see with these more radical styles is they bring more attention to that which we would rather not get so much..........
04-16-2009, 06:20 AM,
TomBongi Wrote:The only issue I see with these more radical styles is they bring more attention to that which we would rather not get so much..........

That is something I have said many times, Some if not most dont want to draw undue attention to their hair for obvious reasons, But having met James I know he has the character to pull this off with no sweat.
04-16-2009, 12:00 PM,
I can see where some would not want to draw attention if they want to have a conservative style and not have anyone suspect its a rug.

However, I feel the opposite can also be true. Nobody would expect a hairpiece could be multiple colors with a trendy style. Most people think a hairpiece is a bulky comb over style with no movement and poor color matching.

The fact is, the sky is the limit...whether it be a classic conservative style, or a crazy trendy style.
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM,
JamesKennedy Wrote:I can see where some would not want to draw attention if they want to have a conservative style and not have anyone suspect its a rug.

However, I feel the opposite can also be true. Nobody would expect a hairpiece could be multiple colors with a trendy style. Most people think a hairpiece is a bulky comb over style with no movement and poor color matching.

The fact is, the sky is the limit...whether it be a classic conservative style, or a crazy trendy style.

You know I'm always with you on this. I WANT people to look at my hair, since there is very, very little chance I would ever be busted, even by a fellow wearer.

It's the ultimate compliment when someone says "I love your hair". It's super cool when it comes from a stranger, but it's also great when it comes from a person who knows I wear.

I'm gonna do that full cap mohawk one of these years. Probably have to design it with a higher density than I am used to and make sure the knots are well bleached, but I thkn it can be done.
04-16-2009, 03:38 PM,
I get compliments on my hair daily! Its a great reward for a job well done! Plus, for the price I pay for a hairpiece, why not funk it up and make it over the top and cool!
04-17-2009, 06:34 AM,
James, i could 100% agree with you...nobody would assume that it' a rug. A cool trend style doesn't go together with that in the opinion of most people. I think that's the key, but for sure you have to be a person who can and want to do such "crazy" things. And when its good made as yours...well that's just perfect. ...Love your hair too... Big Grin

Best regards from Germany,
Steve
04-24-2009, 06:28 AM,
I wouldn't suspect it's a wig... nice job, JamesKennedy.

I will agree, though... the Oompa Blowout Guido 3000 = serious douchebag. And the faux gimmick is borderline metro. Whatever happended to a nice, high-n-tight Caesar cut?
05-18-2011, 10:45 AM,
RE: Check out my mohawk!
(01-21-2009, 03:42 PM)JamesKennedy Wrote: The last mohawk pic was from summer.

This is my latest creation. Its blonde with black. It looks crazy in person!

[Image: blondehawk2.jpg]

[Image: blondehawk1.jpg]

james,
I think this amazing

Could you tell me how you explained this style to your stylist?
As in, how you wanted them to cut/style it?

What are the specs on that system and what product did you use?
thanks