Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out my mohawk!
01-22-2009, 08:10 AM,
Re: Check out my mohawk!
JamesKennedy - absolutely outstanding. No one would ever guess, it's perfect! Well done.

Jazzy
01-22-2009, 01:22 PM,
Well, first off, I think people should be cautious when they talk about smashing limits of hair pieces etc. What this really proves, is that if you have enough of your own hair left you can do crazy things with your style. But as far as the limits of hair systems. Well sure. If you have tons of your own side hair and want to shave down your hair to nothing and put a small piece on top, u probably have alot of options.

That being said, However, Would I ever second guess you wore a hairpiece. Definitely not. I dont think mohawks and hairpieces go hand in hand. So as far as that is concerned, I wouldnt think anyone would have a remote clue you are wearing unless your laces was popping off your head. I dont think i would ever go with a style like this, not really my thing. But I give you credit for pushing your own limits and not being afraid to try different things.

regards
01-22-2009, 05:23 PM,
My side hair is thin and I have recession.

I just wanted to show that you can pull off any style with a hairpiece. From conservative to crazy!
01-22-2009, 06:04 PM,
Very nice! Won't even suspect you of wearing if I saw you on the streets.
01-22-2009, 10:43 PM,
James' mohawk looks cool, but faux hawks are pretty much 2002. In fact I haven't actually met anyone who had one who didn't look like a total douchebag. Especially if you're over 30. No offense.
01-23-2009, 05:50 AM,
Hi Jrob,

I was wondering if I could get the specs of your rock star-look full cap?

Thanks man!

And James man, your hair looks amazing! Impossible to notice anything and great style!

C ya guys
01-23-2009, 07:16 AM,
Madbull Wrote:James' mohawk looks cool, but faux hawks are pretty much 2002. In fact I haven't actually met anyone who had one who didn't look like a total douchebag. Especially if you're over 30. No offense.

The oomploompa blowout is all the rage in Jersey, but nobody here would be caught dead with one. Just some food for thought....

And I have to take issue with the "anyone over 30 shouldn't be x,y,or z" thing. That's a very self limiting belief that is imposed on us by society and I don't subscribe. Fact is, if you carry yourself well age becomes much less of a limiting factor in fashion, music, etc. The generation gap no longer exists as it did 20 years ago.

Today you don't have to adhere to strict rules of "your generation". I'm 37 and I listen to some of the same music, wear some of the same clothes, and have some of the same interests as people i know who are 22-26. In my parents generation this was all unheard of. You turn 30....you dress like a a 30 something should dress. You hit 40....another "stage" in your life you have to look and act the part for.

I'm glad I live in my generation......
01-23-2009, 08:11 AM,
Anthony#1986# Wrote:Hi Jrob,

I was wondering if I could get the specs of your rock star-look full cap?

Thanks man!

And James man, your hair looks amazing! Impossible to notice anything and great style!

C ya guys

-French lace base with sfs temples and hairline

-65% top and temples, 68% sides, 70% back

-color #17 with 20% #14 blonde highlights (3/16" I think??? I will order 1/4" next time....)

-Forward ventilation

-Straight hair
01-23-2009, 11:01 AM,
Jrob,

Good point. I regretted that post about the over 30 thing. Although I will stand by by my Faux Hawk = Douchebag! I'm sorry. I had an issue with the combed forward, brushed up look for a long time as well, until i realized it was a pretty timeless style. Just an opinion. Honestly, no offense.
01-23-2009, 03:32 PM,
Madbull,

I'm not sure where you live but fauxhawks didn't really hit the Midwest until about 2006 or later.

Besides, what I have is a mohawk.

And there is nothing wrong with the fauxhawk look, especially if its still trendy in your area!