Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you remove the glue under your front hairline?
01-21-2009, 03:59 PM,
How do you remove the glue under your front hairline?
I'm wondering how people generally remove the glue under their front hairline if they wear for extended periods of time. Every time I try to do this, it's a big mess and takes a lot of time.

My situation might be complicated by the fact that I have a bit of natural hair in front of my unit, so it's very difficult not to get glue stuck in this natural hair of mine while trying to remove the glue. Also, I use an all-glue attachment -- i.e., no tape -- and it can be difficult to unstick the glue in the front from the glue that's farther back.

When people do this, do you generally use only alcohol to clean the glue off of the front of your head? Or do also use glue solvent such as Pure?

Sometime I'm motivated to spend the effort to do this, but as it generally takes so long and is so trying, I often resort to full bangs to cover the hairline instead of trying to clean it. This, however, kind of defeats the purpose of maintain some natural hair in front of the unit.
01-21-2009, 04:45 PM,
Re: How do you remove the glue under your front hairline?
Couple of suggestions-

First, if the glue is broken down to the right consistency, a dry finger can sometimes "squeegee" the glue off your head.

Another suggestion is to get ahold of some stretch wrap.....the kind they use for wrapping pallets. You can get some that is actually "sticky". Not sticky as in like glue, but it's very tacky and it pulls the glue off base material and it can also work on your scalp if the glue isn't TOO gooey. I need to post this tip....
01-21-2009, 06:04 PM,
Hmmm, I have some of that stuff lying around that I got at U-Haul. I guess I'll have to try it.

Thanks!
01-22-2009, 12:19 AM,
When I did use glue, I would flip the front back, fold a glossy magazine page in half and slide across my forehead and the flipped back lace.

Even now with all tape, there is a little residue left and I mag slide my head after removal.
01-22-2009, 02:57 AM,
Yep, glossy magazine is ideal! It cleans your head perfectly leaving no residue. If all my housemates are asleep and I can't have a shower before going to bed after removing piece, I can clean my scalp perfectly with some glossy magazine covers.

If you don't read (or have a girlfriend who reads) lots of these glossy magazines though, you can just try some printer paper. It doesn't work quite as well, but it does the job Smile
01-22-2009, 04:11 PM,
Yeah, I've tried the glossy magazine trick, and I can sort of get it to work, but it still takes me an hour of fussing to get the current glue off, get glue out of my hair, re-glue the front, and then make sure that I don't have any remaining glue boogers stuck in my side hair, or what have you.

Well, I suppose the answer is "Practice, practice, practice!" Either that or wear bangs....

Thanks for the advice!
01-24-2009, 11:58 PM,
Before doing the magazine slide ensure that the glue is completely dry. I use a dryer and dry up all the alcohol on the lace. Even if there is a teeny weeny bit of alcohol on the lace the magazine slide does'nt work.

It is the best technique though. Much better than the mirror slide. You dont need to clean the mirror and you can get rid of the trashy mags Big Grin
01-25-2009, 03:07 AM,
Alcohol doesn't help very much in my opinion.

I just spray some citrus solvent on my forehead, and wipe everything off with toilet paper. Takes 1 minute. It's the easiest and fastest part of my routine.

Regards Big Grin