Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glue removal/cleanup tip
01-21-2009, 04:57 PM,
Glue removal/cleanup tip
I stumbled upon this by accident and meant to post it awhile back, but I found a great way to remove glue from your unit.

I use stretch wrap. The kind that is used to wrap pallets for shipment.

I had some lying around my store and after using it a few times and seeing how tacky this particular film is, i thought it might work to remove glue, and I was right!

I think this is the film that I have, but I am not sure-

http://www.uline.com/BL_2952/Opaque-Stretch-Wrap

You might want to contact a few places and ask if they have any very tacky stretch film in smaller rolls, or see if you can find some locally.

The secret is the tackiness. Some of these wraps (unlike regular kitchen wrap) are designed with extra tack that allows them to hold heavy items in place on a pallet by "adhering" the film to itself.

What's really great about it is that you can cut off a piece, wad it loosely into a ball, and rub it across the base of the piece while it is pinned upside down on a styro head. The stuff I have really gets in deep in the lace and pulls more glue off than a mirror slide alone.
01-22-2009, 01:28 PM,
Re: Glue removal/cleanup tip
cool im always looking for easier ways to clean etc. However, one thing i am wondering about. does it pull hairs out of the unit?
01-22-2009, 04:56 PM,
Xeon005 Wrote:cool im always looking for easier ways to clean etc. However, one thing i am wondering about. does it pull hairs out of the unit?

Hasn't for me.....

It isn't sticky, it's tacky, if that makes any sense. In other words, it doesn't really grab anything but itself or something else that is sticky or tacky.
01-24-2009, 07:46 AM,
Hmm i gotta give it a try. I always find cleaning glue very annoying thats why i have been using nothing but tape. But nothing looks as good as glue