Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First day of wearing..HELP!!
01-24-2009, 10:34 PM,
First day of wearing..HELP!!
I got my stock piece cut-in and am finally wearing now. Sad
The piece itself is absolutely great. Thanks BA for the promt responses and Debbie for her excellent suggestions.
But I'm not happy the way it sits on the head. The stylist could've definetily done better but the blend and the fitting are not good at all.( I should've realised when he first cut my hair instead of the Piece and hair together). There is a line visible all around the back and sides where the piece meets the hair, lots of excess lace that falls into my real hair and just sitting there. I should've got a custom but I thought the stylist will know how to work with a stock piece. It's just so obvious and I cant take my cap off till I get it right. I just want to go and hide under my bed for a while till I get this right. Its sad how the so called pro stylist cant even get the size and blend right. Even I could've done a better job with no previous experience. I wish Debbie was here. :cry: I'll try cuttin a bit more lace and just wait till my real hair grows a bit more for a better blend. (Atleast 10 days)
Sorry about the big whinge guys its just so frustrating. Anyway can someone please answer these questions please.

1) Is it OK if I trim the lace all the way to the hairline. (SFS)
2) How do I reduce the density on the top of the piece.
3) Is there anyway I can darken the lace colour at the hairline as I'm quite dark and the lace is very visible.
01-25-2009, 12:00 AM,
Re: First day of wearing..HELP!!
Can you post pics?
01-25-2009, 05:09 AM,
I think trimming your piece to fit is fine, there's nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you don't accidentally cut off hair that you intended to be part of your piece.

Also, depending on how the lace looks on your head, sometimes a lighter shade under the hair is more realistic because our scalp is covered by hair, and doesn't tan. It would be nice if we could see pics of the lace on your head.

Also, yes let your hair grow up, that ring all around your head wil blend away once your real hair is longer.

Don't give up!

Leamon
01-25-2009, 06:22 AM,
sfs disappears just fine on many dark skin tones, if you can see lace, chances are it is simply not glued down well.
you may need to redo the front for a better look. once the lace is sunk into the glue, it should not be visible.
DebbieS.
01-25-2009, 08:15 PM,
Thanks for the response guys.. Smile
I am in another state at the moment.( Yes I had to travel interstate to find someone to cut my piece in) I am waiting to go back home so that I can work on the extra lace bit by bit and also post some pics. The piece was'nt cut to size properly and its coming onto my real hair so I cant stretch it at the moment, also I dont want to cut off any blending hair. I only noticed the back when I got back to my hotel from the stylist and it looks awful. :x The sides are pretty good and I think once I carefully trim the lace at the back it should be fine.
There's a bit of work to be done and it'll pbly take a few hours of tinkering and once I'm done I'll definetly post pics. I'm glad there's this forum for support or else I would'nt know what I'd be doing with myself.. Smile
01-26-2009, 03:07 PM,
I got my first piece from coolpiece.com.. and ordered too much density. I went to a salon about an hour away. They said I looked great.. But, I looked horrible, and just wanted to run out of the place. Luckily, I was able to call the guy a the salon that was helping out, and went to his salon closer by. He fixed the problem.

The key was that I got this piece on during my Christmas break from work. I was off for 2 weeks or so. The only mistake I made was too much density.

Anyway, .. I don't know your work situation.. so hopefully you dno't have to show your hair for awhile.. Or, maybe just order another stock piece, and get it cut to the right size... pay Debbie to do the cut in.

THere should be little to no extra lace on the sides and back.. I prefer NO extra lace on the sides or back.. and very little on the front hairline.. like 1/8" or so. So, measure were you want your piece to cover, and have Debbie cut the base into that size.. That way when you get it.. it will be close, and should be wearable as long as the density isn't too much... then you will have to get that thinned out as well by someone else.

Luckily my mother cuts hair.. so she makes all my adjustments, but isn't completly comfortable taking a piece from scratch, and cutting it in. But, eventually we are going to try it.

good luck
01-26-2009, 03:11 PM,
just remember, its better that the base is too big rather than too small. you can simply trim the base down to a smaller size.
DebbieS.
01-26-2009, 11:34 PM,
folliman Wrote:They said I looked great.. But, I looked horrible
That was exactly what happened to me.. These stylists have no idea of the predicament a first time wearer is in.. I might as well tell everyone that I wear because if I walk out now without a hat, even a person i never met will know I wear a piece..Its shocking!!!! You are lucky there was someone there to fix it and your mum being a hairdresser can look after the rest. No such luck for me mate so I'm gonna try doing it myself and hope for the best. I am back at work in two weeks time so hopefully will manage to get it right by then.

folliman Wrote:hen you will have to get that thinned out as well by someone else.
How did you thin yours out?

DebbieS. Wrote:just remember, its better that the base is too big rather than too small. you can simply trim the base down to a smaller size.
I am just worried that I'll cut the blending hair with it so I'll try trimming small bits at a time. Also I'll try following your advise on thinning the hair on top.

Thanks for the support everyone, NO turning back now and I wont give up till I get it right..Will let you all know how I went soon.
01-27-2009, 01:50 AM,
Quote:justerxr wrote:
That was exactly what happened to me.. These stylists have no idea of the predicament a first time wearer is in.. I might as well tell everyone that I wear because if I walk out now without a hat, even a person i never met will know I wear a piece..Its shocking!!!! You are lucky there was someone there to fix it and your mum being a hairdresser can look after the rest. No such luck for me mate so I'm gonna try doing it myself and hope for the best. I am back at work in two weeks time so hopefully will manage to get it right by then.

Yeah, the same thing happened to me with a hairclub. :twisted: I get angry every time i think about it. Some people take advantage of the fact that we don't know anything about hairpieces and most of us feel lost and scared the first time we take the plunge to wearing and cheat us.

But luckily you found this board. Post some pics and we will give our honest opinion of how it looks and how to improve it.

Personally I think it will look more naturally if you put some highlights in. I noticed an actor in my country wearing and it was kinda obvious when it was all black. Recently, he put some streaks of highlights in and it looks so quite undectable now.

Regards
Drog
01-27-2009, 10:22 AM,
Next time just send your HP to Debbie to have her do the cut-in. Problem solved.