Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
baking soda bath
01-27-2009, 03:08 AM,
baking soda bath
Does the baking soda bath strip the color from your piece?
01-27-2009, 01:41 PM,
Re: baking soda bath
Yes, it can.
baking soda can dull/fade haircolor. it is used generally as a clarifier, to get out buildup of hair products. I see no need to use it on a hairsystem but that is just my opinion.
DebbieS.
01-27-2009, 11:20 PM,
Re: baking soda bath
No one uses more product than me.

Shampoo and condition just like normal hair.

Baking soda bath, unnecessary and a waste of time.

Anyone who does this is someone who likes to waste time.
03-16-2020, 07:11 AM,
RE: baking soda bath
Searched this topic from 11 years ago. Rather than start a new topic on baking soda baths thought I would bump this one back up. I just tried a baking soda bath for my hair system and it worked out great! My system was suffering from pretty severe product buildup. Years ago I tried a clarifying shampoo to rid product buildup but it stripped the moisture from my hair system. I never used a clarifying shampoo again after that. I was using a couple of products the past year they don’t contain water in the ingredients and they began to build up over time. One of the products was a hair refresher that proved to be the worst offender. I looked on YouTube which is a great tool for learning about hair systems to see if there was a gentle way to remove product buildup from a hairpiece or wig. Found a video showing the steps in using a baking soda bath. It said to wash and deep condition the hair after soaking it in a tub of water with a half cup of baking soda. It made my hair incredibly soft and brought back the manageability. It didn’t fade the hair color of my system. You have to make sure that the products you use contain water/aqua in the ingredients or they won’t rinse out completely. Any residue that’s left behind will cause build up.