Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cut in
01-29-2009, 09:40 AM,
cut in
Does anybody do their own cut ins? I have a flowbee at home and wondered if anyone used that for your system hair. I did see the Michigan Baldy video about the flowbee. I have seen other hairclub sites where you get your system already cut in. Has anyone had Debbie do a cut in and does she remove the excess lace and check for bleached knots. If I could do this I truly would be independent and not rely on others.
01-29-2009, 11:30 AM,
Re: cut in
wiggy;
yes, you can cut in your own system with a flowbee or a robocut. if you are not confident enough to do it on your own, you can send it to me for a cut in, the charge is $34 for toppers, and $44 for 3/4 and full caps. (plus shipping), I will trim the lace IF you request that I do so, some people like to do this themselves so i only do it if you ask.
if you already have a flowbee, review MB's video and perhaps practice with an old unit....you really cannot make a mistake as long as you start with the longer hair guide and work yourself down to the shorter blades...remember, you can always cut more , the hair won't grow back so err on the side of caution. you will want to do some "tweaking" with the blending shears after the basic flowbee cut-in.
I hope this helps.
DebbieS.
01-29-2009, 12:53 PM,
Thanks Debbie,

Since I place the unit right behind some frontal hair I suppose I should cut the lace right up to the hairline.
If I send this to you how do I describe the haircut, send a pic of me or old unit with some other directions?
I probably would want you to cut the lace and look over and make sure all is ok.
01-31-2009, 06:29 AM,
Did my first haircut of my natural hair today with the flowbee. I can not tell you how easy it was. Came out perfect.
When you do not have to blend with the top part of your head it was great. Do not know if I am good enough for my system hair. (yet)
Debbie what information would you request from me to send you my new unit to cut in. And realistically would I pretty much just have to attach. I know other companies that sell hair offer this service.
01-31-2009, 03:48 PM,
wiggy;
you could send an old unit for me to copy the cut OR a photo of the style you want....if you go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hairboutique.com">www.hairboutique.com</a><!-- w --> they have some great pictures of mens styles.
I always recommend that when getting a mail order cut-in, that you take the blending shears and blend it into your own hair once you get it on. this is easily done by using the blending shears at the very ends of the hair shaft.
(where it meets your own hair), never use the blending shears toward the "root" or base.
I hope this helps.
DebbieS.