Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Please give your routine (newbie questions)
01-30-2009, 11:16 AM,
Help! Please give your routine (newbie questions)
Ok, I was wondering what everyone's best tricks are for a couple things:

1. Best most gentle way of removing the hairpiece and glue like ultrahold from your head. Is there anything I can buy that will help (like towels, plastic scrapers etc). What's your routine from start to finish?

2. What is the trick to not getting any of the hairpiece hairs to grab onto the glue through the hole in lace and get matted down after attachment?

~NG
01-30-2009, 02:42 PM,
Re: Help! Please give your routine (newbie questions)
For no. 2, you want to make sure the glue is good and dry. You can use a hairdryer to dry it quicker.
01-30-2009, 03:19 PM,
How long on average would it take UH to dry?
02-01-2009, 11:53 AM,
Ok, I was wondering what everyone's best tricks are for a couple things:

1. Best most gentle way of removing the hairpiece and glue like ultrahold from your head. Is there anything I can buy that will help (like towels, plastic scrapers etc). What's your routine from start to finish?

Use 99% alcohol in some type of squeeze bottle, baby nose cleaner squeegy. Work from back to get lift of unit. Reapply 99% alcohol as needed. Spray Pure citric version head where remaining glue is. Use baby wipe to clean "bald" head getting most glue off of head. Get in shower use a defoliating glove to clean rest of the way. GET MICHIGAN BALDY'S DVD.

2. What is the trick to not getting any of the hairpiece hairs to grab onto the glue through the hole in lace and get matted down after attachment?

Let the glue dry throughly anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes before putting hair piece on. I use either 99% alcohol sprayed on the unit and glue to give me an extra minute or 2 to adjust the unit in place.
Also another neat trick I saw on another website that will remain nameless. is to put the glue or tape on the back and sides of the bald area. IF tape the tape would be applied to the unit. Getting that part glued on. Lay down the front area use colored electrical tape cut in small strips and use as markers where the front edge of the front hairline is. ONce marked pin the front back put the front glue down and remove the markers allow to dry throughly. Once dried put the front down and you should get a perfect hairline.
If you wish to see the video write me and I will give you the URL.

macmike
mail<at>mikealrhughes<dot>com