Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know how to thin out a unit?
02-01-2009, 01:41 PM,
Anyone know how to thin out a unit?
My hubby just got a new order in and I think it looks a tad thick. Anyone know how to thin out a unit so the density is not so... well.... dense?

Thanks,

Veronica
02-01-2009, 02:33 PM,
Re: Anyone know how to thin out a unit?
what type of base is it?
DebbieS.
02-01-2009, 07:28 PM,
If it's lace you can soak the knots with leave-in conditioner in whatever area you are working and remove hairs individually with eyebrow tweezers. This is how I craft my custom hairlines, but thinning an entire piece would take a LOT of time.......
02-01-2009, 09:05 PM,
Well, I'm not sure how this affects the life of a piece.. but I believe my mother uses thinning shears to thin out a piece. It takes out the bulkiness.
02-02-2009, 04:33 AM,
thinning shears does NOTHING to reduce hair at the scalp, they only remove some bulk but they are only used mid shaft....not at the base.
the only way to really lessen density is to remove as JRob said, its time consuming at best. if its just a bit too dense , it will thin out a bit on its own with some wear and few washings.
you other option is to have the factory reduce the density.
DebbieS.
02-02-2009, 07:07 AM,
wet the hairs, and pull a couple hairs out at a time by the roots, as close to the base as u can get. A little tedious. but it can work
02-02-2009, 06:01 PM,
Reducing the bulk helps out tons. IMO, that is the best thing to do.. instead of having hair removed. Taking out the lumps/bulk will make the piece look a lot or just a little less dense depending on how much bulk you take out.
02-03-2009, 02:31 PM,
Like Debbie said--- send it back.