Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advantage and disadvantages of all ST-30 attachment
02-08-2009, 11:16 AM,
Re: Advantage and disadvantages of all ST-30 attachment
ukdoctor Wrote:Are you sure that you are using 99% alcohol. I used to get only a 1 day attachment with white glue( this was when i started wearing) until I realised that I was using a citrus based solvent fot releasing the lace!!!

I think thats my issue..I dont use the solvent to release the piece but I use it too get the leftover glue off after the mirror slide..this time I'll try spraying alcohol on the lace after the solvent and give it a good clean before attachment.. Thanks for the tips Dr.. Smile
02-14-2009, 12:45 AM,
did it work justerxr???
02-14-2009, 02:20 AM,
ST30 is a fantastic tape that gives weeks of hold.

My only difficulty with it is that it can be difficult to get off. I mean, how do you get your solvent "under" the tape? The tape is pretty much waterproof. So you can apply solvent around the edges, but in the end you end up pulling the tape of your skin and this can leave the skin a little raw. Especially if you are using it week after week on the same areas. So I had to give it a rest as my scalp started getting a little red.

But now I'm using it again with no problems, just sometimes I move it around and don't use it on the same areas all the time.
02-14-2009, 06:46 AM,
Dear C,

I usually get a 3 week hold with ST30. BY the end of 3 weeks its slightly loose anyway. I spray 99% through the piece and release the piece. As you said the ST30 usually remains on scalp. I soak it with some pure for 5 minutes. then use shampoo. Usually it slides off without much effort.

Its a bit painful if there is some hair underneath though Sad
02-16-2009, 10:49 PM,
ukdoctor Wrote:did it work justerxr???

I dont know what I'm doing wrong?? I tried again but this time the back come undone in 5 mins :x :x ..
I cleaned the piece well with no solvent..cleaned scalp with alcohol..used Debbie's scalp protector ans even used anti perspirant on my scalp but still no good.. I'll try without anti-perspirant and see what happens..
I am desperate to get this working as the all glue attachment is killing my piece on the sides and even more on the back where the hairs have got too much glue in them and are very matted from sleeping with it...It shed so much that half the hair is gone already.. Sad
I'll keep trying and see if something works...I know that my next piece will be a lot better looked after...
02-17-2009, 09:01 AM,
I dont use anti perspirant so cant comment on that. Is the scalp protector really dry when you apply the piece?

Another thing to check

run your finger on the lace just before you apply ST30.. It should be absolutely absolutely dry. If it is moist/oily/has traces of glue then it Wont Attach well to the ST30.

If there is a bit of moisture left on the lace side of piece then invert it and use a hairdryer to dry it before applying the ST30
02-17-2009, 07:27 PM,
ITS WORKING!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
After the previous post I went and tried again..only this time I applied ST-30 to my head first and applied pressure to it till I thought it was well stuck and then attached the piece to it and it feels as strong if not stronger than my all glue attachment after 1 day....
This tape attachment is great cause I dont have to deal with glue seeping thru the lace and matting the hair etc..I am sure the clean up will be a breeze too..U dont know how relieved I am as I was dreading about maintaining an all glue attachment forever...
Thanks everyone and especially UKDOCTOR for your suggestions and most of all the support.. Smile
02-19-2009, 03:35 AM,
Hey Mr. Burns ..... Good Day !

When my Stylist removes my piece .... she sprays
from the top with alcohol ...

She lets it sit a bit ... and slowly applies a constant
but even pressure and pulls the piece off bit by bit ...
while continually spraying from the top ..with the alcohol ....

*****STRANGE ARCHIVAL TIP**************************

Here's something that works for me ... which must
come out of the archives of successful hairstylists of
the past ...

I broke out once, probably from something I was using
(glues or tapes) both on the top of my head (scalp) and sides .....

DiDi, my stylist ... turkey-basted my head and put a diluted
VINEGAR-ette solution (I know .. it sounds absurd)
on the top of my head .. sides and hair ....

She went to clean up my piece while I sat in her chair... smelling
somewhat like a salad bar .....

It was amazing how the vinegar 20 minutes later ...smoothed
out the bumps and red spots ....

AS A NORMAL PREVENTATIVE !!

Now I use vinegar before I wash my hair ... and it is
amazing how it returns your scalp to normal as well
as also a preventative measure ....
whenever you have some sort of flare-up ....

Now .... Remember ... I said she used vinegar ...

I've read enough posts on here .. that someone might misinterpret
what I wrote ...and start experimenting ... applying Oregano ... Ceasar
or Ranch dressing to their chrome dome ...

Well ... if you like salad bars .. your head may become a gustatory
and olefactory dreamscape ... as well as attract ... many females ..
FEMALE FLIES that is ... Smile ....

But I don't think it will have much effect on your head ...
But who knows ... Guys are using carpet solvent on their
head to clean their pieces ..... Smile
02-19-2009, 01:56 PM,
Hi Ukdoctor, just wondering what product you are referring to when you say use pure? Sorry for the ignorance.
02-20-2009, 02:57 AM,
snell Wrote:Hi Ukdoctor, just wondering what product you are referring to when you say use pure? Sorry for the ignorance.

I'm here to help all fellow hair wearers. So ask as many questions as you like Smile

PURE is Pure Glue Melter ( I have copy pasted the following from debbie's website <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- m --> Big Grin . hope debbie wont mind :mrgreen: ) the Website seem to be down at the moment. :o Dont know why???

Specially formulated for the gentle release of your hair system. Breaks down adhesives quickly and gently. A “must have” product. Can be used with Lace Cleaning Gun The best adhesive solvent on the market! A fresh, clean scent. Gentle on skin, tough on adhesives.

MY Personal experience with PURE.

. Brilliant for removing glue from scalp. BUT ENSURE that you use PURE only to clean the Scalp after releasing the piece.Shampoo your hair and scalp very well after applying pure. DO NOt apply pure to your hair system. Even a trace of pure on your lace hair system will decrease the hold time significantly.....