Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 10 of Wearing..Feels great..
02-03-2009, 07:05 PM,
Day 10 of Wearing..Feels great..
It has been 10 days since I got my piece cut/fited and boy am I glad I made the switch..I CAN FINALLY STYLE MY HAIR!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! 8-)
It was very stressfull and scary at first and I did not take my cap off for 3 days till I tinkered with the piece myself and made it into what it is today. The hair piece itself is of fantastic quality and I goto say if anyone can make a better quality piece for the price I paid I am willing to stand naked on my front lawn.. :lol:
I got to thank BA,Debbie,Toplace and its awesome forum for the wealth of knowledge or else I would've jumped off a bridge after I walked out of the stylist. Yes it was that bad!! Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:
As I mentioned in an earlier post there was atleast half an inch of excess lace all around and clumps of stubble all around the piece where it was trimmed which created a bump all around and the blending hair was as thick as a shaving brush. He even told me it was a perfect colour match when it was around two shades too light. Cant believe a so called professional would let me walk out looking like that. I could've cried all the way home if I did'nt have the knowledge from this forum. I knew I could work on it and I did! I trimmed the lace, coloured the hair, reduced density a tad and shaved off all the stubble around the edges etc.. After about 5 hours work it looked good enough that even people I've known for a long time did'nt notice the change.( They got to be blind or something as I have more than double the hair I had before(with concealer) and they diod'nt even take notice.) They are either hiding the fact or really did'nt think it looked that different. A few people did notice and all they could come up with was "Did you loose weight or something??"..lol..LUV IT!!! :lol: :lol: Will see how I go when I return to work next week :?
I am still having a hard time keeping it attached as ST-30 keeps coming off after about 5-6 hours which leaves me with Glue. Ultra hold is great for a 2 day hold for me but it is bloody messy to work with. I am planning to order a custom next time with a few modifications and I think the next piece will be very close to what I need and hopefully I will find something with a better hold (atleast a week).

MY ADVISE TO PEOPLE WHO ARE PLANNING TO WEAR:
GO FOR IT!!! It will the best thing you could do to yourself. It will definetily be stressfull and scary at first but keep at it.. Read as much as you can from this forum and ask BA or Debbie for their excellent suggestions and most of all try to get aleast a week of alone time so you could play around with attachments etc.
GOOD LUCK!!! Wink

I am unable to upload pics..mite send them to BA
02-03-2009, 07:25 PM,
Re: Day 10 of Wearing..Feels great..
Hi Justerxr

I'm happy for you mate. All the best to you.

Regards
Drog
02-03-2009, 09:05 PM,
You will get exponentially better at being able to care for it and apply it. The ST-30 tape should last atleast a few days, I change mine about every 5-7 days. I suggest making sure your skin is clean and maybe use a skin protector.
02-04-2009, 02:55 AM,
Hi, I have read from your previous posts that you were looking for a stylist in Melbourne.

It seems you had a bad experience with this stylist.

Do you think you could let me know which stylist you went to, so that I make sure I don't go there myself?

Thanks.
02-04-2009, 04:07 AM,
Wow .. that's great ... and I'm glad you didn't have to
stand naked on your front lawn ....

Now ... If you were a young Kim Bassinger ... (I just watched
the uncut version of 9 1/2 weeks .... I'd say ... pleeeeeeese ...
dump the clothes ... Smile

But just as you said, and I'm sure many of us have
had this experience ...

Stylists only have you in that chair for a few hours .... they
don't know what suits you best .... the conditions you will be in ..
your lifestyle ...

I always find I like my hair style much better a day AFTER LEAVING
THE STYLIST .... after I fiddle with it ....
(let her do the washing, scraping and dying ... my time is more
valuable and I just want hair .. not a full time hobby maintaining it)

It's great to hear stories like yours .... Because, I would guess...
many of us have had the same thoughts in our head at one time
or another ... especially those who were under contract to the
hair clubs.

I think that is why on most film sets .. actors like Nicholas
Cage (eg. Bangkok Dangerous) is wearing what looks like a dyed,
well worn, Fuller Brush mop head throughout the movie ...
02-04-2009, 11:17 AM,
snell Wrote:Do you think you could let me know which stylist you went to, so that I make sure I don't go there myself?
I want to be honest with you.. This particular stylist might do a great job if the piece was custom ordered to fit your template area and all he has to do is Cut the hair and style. But if you are wanting to order a stock dont go there as he does'nt know how to properly cut them to size. When I think about it he did'nt even make a template of my attachment area to use as a guide to cut the piece..instead he just started cutting bits off here and there till I advised him to take a template.. :roll:..but it was too late as the piece was already out of shape.. :x
I am sorry but I dont want to defame anyone publicly as he might do a better job for other people and since there is not many stylists down here in OZ we cant really pick and choose.. Sad But if you still want to know who he is email me on <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->..cheers.. Smile