Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Cap Base Designs, Your Thoughts
02-06-2009, 06:29 AM,
Re: Full Cap Base Designs, Your Thoughts
Robert James Fischer Wrote:
Traco Wrote:I wouldn't recommend a skin full cap for continuous wear. Too hot for long periods and as others have mentioned those blunt edges can be a problem. Lace on the other hand works very well indeed. I usually order all French with 2 inch SFS hairline. Attach mainly with tape, sometimes with a tiny trickle of glue right at the edge across the front (On/Off white glue or Derma Systems super strong HP glue). Full caps are great and IMO more secure than toppers. You can create any style you want with them with perhaps the exception of going super short.

I'm planning to use the PSB as a daily wearer. I'm kind of fed up with color fading, cleaning glue, and most of the maintenance issues with lace. Yes, lace is probably the best overall material for hairpsieces. It's also the highest maintenance.,

How many MMS was this poly unit your wore? Thanks.

You can wear a PSB cap all day long. I have both. I don't think the heat is an issue. the "thought" of it is far worse than the reality plus It is a lot easier and faster to re-attach and clean. It is harder to cut the base but it can be done from the back with a very very sharp Exacto knife. The front hairline will only be detectable to those LOOKING for it.

That said I am going with an all French this time which will complete the circle, I will have tried all combinations and will have a better feel for which is nest under what conditions. The Swiss is too much of a hassle to deal with and if Im going to put anti-shedding hardener on it I may as well just go with the tougher French lace base.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Full Cap Base Designs, Your Thoughts - TomBongi - 02-06-2009, 06:29 AM