Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Cap Base Designs, Your Thoughts
02-06-2009, 09:39 AM,
Re: Full Cap Base Designs, Your Thoughts
An all Psb full cap may be ok for colder climes provided you remove and wash the build up of sweat from your head every night. Right now it's 45C in the shade here (about 118F) in the middle of a hot Aussie summer in the driest place on earth so keeping things cool is a major priority. An all lace full cap is much more user friendly in that regard.

And in my experience I have found it easier to apply and clean lace than PSB which can prove difficult to remove strong tapes from. I just use one Walker precut C contour strip vertically down each temple / sideburn, one long 5 inch Duotac contour strip around the back and an A contour Walkers precut strip across the front. These peel off in seconds leaving virtually no residue. Hold for a week on average including sleeping, working out, wearing 24/7.
02-06-2009, 01:12 PM,
Traco Wrote:An all Psb full cap may be ok for colder climes provided you remove and wash the build up of sweat from your head every night. Right now it's 45C in the shade here (about 118F) in the middle of a hot Aussie summer in the driest place on earth so keeping things cool is a major priority. An all lace full cap is much more user friendly in that regard.

And in my experience I have found it easier to apply and clean lace than PSB which can prove difficult to remove strong tapes from. I just use one Walker precut C contour strip vertically down each temple / sideburn, one long 5 inch Duotac contour strip around the back and an A contour Walkers precut strip across the front. These peel off in seconds leaving virtually no residue. Hold for a week on average including sleeping, working out, wearing 24/7.

I've worn all lace toppers, before. However, I could never could get them to stick, though I never tried DuoTac. That sounds more viable than most tapes. It's got that thick gooey side that lace could adhere to. What's this walker stuff?

Also, have you or anyone else, tried attaching your PSB caps with G2BG? That stuff is great for daily wear, and shampoos off really easily.

Thanks.
02-06-2009, 03:22 PM,
Yeah I tried GTBglued once, lasted about 10 minutes for me and that was on a skin base. But I know others have more success with that stuff.

Walkers No Shine tape - much the same stick level as ST30 but it comes in precut contours whereas the latter does not. This makes it much easier to apply along the hairline. The shine is not as pronounced as most other tapes although there can sometimes still be a slight shine in certain lighting conditions. But in 90% of situations it doesn't seem to shine.

You can get it from Debbie - A and C contours, or HD - all sorts of different contours. I assume it's made by the same company as Ultrahold glue.