Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanced Hair Joint(No need to shave)
02-04-2009, 04:01 PM,
Advanced Hair Joint(No need to shave)
I came through this video on you tube and would like to share it with you guyz.....for this kind of system there is no bonding ..and nor do you need to shave your head ....seems to be very good....I would like to know debbie's and BA's comments in it ....do toplace hair systems support this ...do you guys offer this kind of service...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=gf3eU5W8ncA&feature=related">http://youtube.com/watch?v=gf3eU5W8ncA&feature=related</a><!-- m -->

Check this video...

Thanks
Manny
02-05-2009, 01:30 AM,
Re: Advanced Hair Joint(No need to shave)
The stress/pull of the weaved-on hair can (or will eventually) result in traction alopecia. I believe this was the "new" way of attachment before skin bonding arrived.
02-05-2009, 05:29 AM,
I used this method back in the 80s and hated it because the piece is basically "floating" on top of your head secured to your own hair at certain points. It constantly shifts and feels loose which is very distracting and unnerving ! As your hair grows out it gets more loose. I would never want to go back to this method of attachment!
02-05-2009, 07:57 AM,
I have a few women who refuse to shave their sparse hair on top, so we use this method, over time it CAN and probably will cause traction alopecia. It is an older way of doing things.....not that it is obsolete...it has its purposes, but the integration pieces are much more detectible to touch and to sight.
for the BEST look, i advise shaving the top and going with lace. just my opinion.
DebbieS.
02-06-2009, 05:12 PM,
klifford Wrote:I used this method back in the 80s and hated it because the piece is basically "floating" on top of your head secured to your own hair at certain points. It constantly shifts and feels loose which is very distracting and unnerving ! As your hair grows out it gets more loose. I would never want to go back to this method of attachment!

Exactly the same has Kliff said, Same for me I had this kind back in 1983, Thanks but no thanks :x
02-06-2009, 05:33 PM,
Me too on my original synthetic AHS piece. This process pulled more of my own hair out. Very uncomfortable to sleep on. Knots - or points as AHS called them - often broke necessitating a return trip to the salon for re-pointing which was inconvenient and expensive. When the points loosened up the unit moved around like a pile of the proverbial on ice. And to think that was touted as the latest breakthrough in hair replacement technolongy back then (by AHS).