Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Skin system.
02-05-2009, 07:29 AM,
My first Skin system.
Well I finally got a skin system. It is not the SUPER newest thin skin, but it is a very thin type of skin. It is pretty good, The front is fine. I cant really see anything. But some things I noticed which i was not expecting. Alot of people said skin systems lay flatter then lace. but i found the opposite to be true with this one. Its much more bouncy and less flat then my lace. I mean if this lasts as long as lace, and ends up being easier to use like people say. I might just stick with skin. I mean the front looks good and its not even the thinnest skin out there.

regards
02-05-2009, 09:40 AM,
Re: My first Skin system.
Someday I`ll have one built with a lace base and skin front.
02-05-2009, 12:05 PM,
Hi Xeon,

Are you referring to the poly and not the latest thin skin? Is it knotted instead of injected? If so, I agree with you that poly actually looks better with medium and short hairstyles and does not lay flat at all. Front hairline looks incredibly natural (it depends on how you cut the base, style it and density).

As for thin skin, it lays much flatter compared to poly. Guess it is because thin skin is injected but not impossible to create a spikey hairstyle. I somehow had difficulty (not so confident) exposing front hairline (completely) as opposed to poly.

Just my own preference and opinions Wink
02-06-2009, 07:45 AM,
Well I have to make a correction. My skin piece is not injected. It is knotted. I didnt realize it was. I never had skin before so Its a lil different for me. The knots are very small. I thought those knots were the injection lines. They are pretty tiny. I mean if your very anal. Then they might bother you. But they dont bother me much. They are very small. not like knots on lace that can get quite large.

Im not sure about your distinction between skin and poly. They are both the same thing. Or i always thought! Just that they come in different thicknesses. The only other thing I can think of is the poly with gauze, the typical perimeter material that is a thicker poly then the thin skins.

The one i had was a thin poly/skin piece, but not the SUPER thin ones that are out that resemble a thin thin sheet of paper. The only real problem i see right now is the comfort. I could imagine int he summer wearing something like this could get very hot. MB's creation would be a good idea. comfort of lace and the benefits of whatever skin material offers on the perimeter.

So I guess for my type of style, The poly looks fine for me. So after experimenting with the skin, if it really does turn out to be easier to use or whatever, I would do what mb suggests. Skin perimeter and a lace center for comfort. Thing with MB tho. He has a very natural fully exposed hairline. My hair is more combed forward and spiked up. But his seems to be more straight back. So maybe he would need the very thin skin. cant wait to see what mb comes up with . hes the man
02-06-2009, 09:01 PM,
Hi Xeon,

Thank you for your clarification. Yes, I think what you have is poly and not the super thin skin. Both are very nice to me, easy to attach and remove (anytime you want to). Very natural, too.

By getting skin perimeter you gets the best of both worlds. However, just make sure that the density is not too low if you would want to have both lace and skin especially the front part. It depends on how you style your hair (only with your hair combed down or slicked back). If you part on either side you will see (and feel) the demarkation between lace and skin (it is not an issue if the perimeter only on the sides and back but not the entire front).

Greenery
02-07-2009, 08:34 PM,
yeah those are great pointers green. I guess my style would be ok. my density is pretty thick and i usually comb the hair forward, or spike it up at the front etc. I have heard some people use got2bglued spking spray to attach their skin units with great success.. have u ever tried this.. how do u attach ur skin systems?
02-08-2009, 07:41 AM,
here are some pics i took of it, but t he camera i use really sucks. it looks better in person. but just for a rough idea.

[Image: DSCF0014.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0012.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0011.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0007.jpg]
02-08-2009, 08:31 AM,
That looks really good, Xeon.
I really like that style, it's a really nice way to go wearing a piece, no one would think twice about that look.
Good job.
What are you using for attachment?
02-08-2009, 01:20 PM,
Looks pretty damn good if you ask me.
02-08-2009, 08:24 PM,
Thanks guys. Im content with it. I mean my hair system is pretty big, and i use temple flaps and all that crap, and i try to keep a short type of trendy, or typical? hair style. Something about pictures tho. Im never satisfied with the pictures i take.

regards