Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINALLY quit hair wearing.....(story & pics)
02-08-2009, 10:57 AM,
Re: FINALLY quit hair wearing.....(story & pics)
Do you still apply the st30 directly onto the lace? If so I was wondering how you smudge out any shine, because if I try it...the tape lifts up off the lace.

Spartan, yes i do. I apply the tape directly on the lace. Then i use one of the backing to press against the tape very hard then i peel it up, it works well. Also to make sure the tape is stuck well on the lace, after you put the tape on the lace,before u peel it,press it very,very,very hard for a few seconds and then wait a few minutes so the tape has a good chance to hold on to the lace well.

Just wanted you to know that Jake1980 is not "THE ONE AND ONLY JAKE". He seems to be MIA. THE JAKE would be posting some of his own pics right after you post some of yours.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ooops!! thanks for enlightening me mate. Jake's wife must be possessing his every move.. :lol: :lol:
02-08-2009, 11:18 AM,
Sester Wrote:I love the high top ... may go that way
myself in a few months if I can get it right and
figure it out ...

Count,the hair in front just needs to be cut short, otherwise the longer it is,the weight will pull it down. Also i use product to keep it like that. There was something that i think JRob said to the effect that if not for different hair products, he would not be wearing hair, which i suspect was said to make an important point more than anything else of how important hair products are to help 'tame' and 'style' hair. I totally agree.

Hi Sester! Do you apply the ST30 tape right to the very edge of your front lace or do you set it back a bit, i seem to get a slight ridge at the hairline edge. I wear all french lace 65% density Thanks!

Mate i do apply st ,30 right up to the top, however, i use tight grip glue at the very,very edge. But the st 30 tape really gets very, very close to the front. I wear a higher density possibly 75% and over, so i don't get any shine. Also i rub the tape with my finger to 'smudge out' any real shine b4 i press the lace into the tape.

Sester get's a lot of wear out of that camo shirt, amirite?

Madbull,its my comfy, relaxing shirt i wear when i'm just bumming around the house. I own a few pairs.

Sester, mah nishma? Good to see you're still with us, mate. I've also been keeping a low forum profile these days, but I had to come out of the shadows to say hey! This just leaves one mystery unsolved: whatever happened to Jake? I bet he doesn't order Toplace anymore - he probably just gets his beautiful wife to spare a few locks!

p.s. Bruce Lee is the man!

Hey HK, nice to see ya again! Mate Jake actually replied to this thread (feeling honored) lol pretty sure he still orders from toplace. Seen pics of his wife, hot catch that one, well done there! And yes, Bruce Lee was a great man, though i suspect most people only know him for his gung fu...he was so much more..

Looks absolutely phenomenal, Sester! Your hair line looks 100% looks!

Thanks Hair-E, its really not hard, just use st 30 and tight grip glue at the very, very edge. I think if you take the time to apply the edge (which is crucial) you should have a good result.

NOTE: ALL MY PIECES ARE STOCKS! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: order them direct from BA express, get it within 8 days. BA has been very good to me.

Just so you know, I meant to tell you that your hair line looks 100% natural, not 100% looks - lol.
02-08-2009, 01:06 PM,
Sester Wrote:Count,the hair in front just needs to be cut short, otherwise the longer it is,the weight will pull it down. Also i use product to keep it like that. There was something that i think JRob said to the effect that if not for different hair products, he would not be wearing hair, which i suspect was said to make an important point more than anything else of how important hair products are to help 'tame' and 'style' hair. I totally agree.

Yea, if I can count on one hand the number of times I have left the house without wax or something in the hair.

When the unit is new, it's too poofy. Product makes it behave.

When the unit is getting toward the end, the hair starts to look dry and unnatural. Not with some wax in it though.

As the piece hits the "sweet spot" right about the middle of its life cycle, there is less need for product, but I prefer the way it looks so I use it whether it needs it or not.

Plus, it's kind of like adding highlights. It isn't "necessary", but who would associate piecy, texturized hair with "wig". Nobody. This means that even though I might not be 100% satisfied with a particular unit at a particular time for whatever reason, I never sweat leaving the house. With highlights, a great cut by a talented stylist, and a little bit of product nobody would ever have a clue I was wearing.