Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Theory - Part II - want feedback
02-06-2009, 07:27 AM,
Re: Another Theory - Part II - want feedback
I wear pretty big temple flaps that go pretty far down. I think how I get it to work is cutting that part short, and plucking the hairs out if it is too dense in that area. I like it very light density and short to blend into my other hair thats short in that area.
02-06-2009, 08:34 AM,
Re: Another Theory - Part II - want feedback
supo Wrote:Another thing I've noticed is this idea of a receding temples. I don't get that either. I see people cutting in recession and it just looks like a bad haircut and exposes the recession.

I would look like a fool with a C contour hairline.

I cut recession into my PIECE (the cut somewhat covers the recession) but I still get carded most of the time I try to buy alcohol, and I am 37 years old.

Can I "get away" with the hairline I had when I was 14? Sure, but what looks better? My natural hairline where it grew when I was a teenager? Or something closer to what a guy in his 30's would look like? I think the latter.

To categorically state that people shouldn't incorporate recession into their pieces isn't doing anyone any favors.

Quote:I would love a full cap and do the Andre' Agassi thing, but, until it can look like William Shatner's (regarding total realism, not style), I'm stuck with blend issues, morning hair give-away, and all that.

This makes no sense to me.

There is nothing about my full cap that's a "give away" to the general public. Is it perfect 100% of the time? Of course not. But I wake up in the morning with my hair looking real, not like I have a tangled rats nest like I used to with a topper. I have no blending or color match issues. I had to make a couple of small concessions with the temple and nape areas, but overall the realism of what I wear increased tenfold over the topper.

If I posted unstyled shots of my current unit that I had temple issues with, people on this board would pick it apart to no end. But there's one thing I have realized, and that is that I could care less if people on a hair replacement board can spot a flaw. I could even care less if I am spotted by a fellow hairwearer. All that really matters is that it looks perfectly real to the general public, which it does.

The other day I had dinner with a girl i know who has "been there" with my hair. She recently got into the haircare products business, so as I was discussing this with her I told her about my full cap.

She sat there for a full two hours looking at it in amazement. She kept asking which of the hair was "real". I kept having to tell her, "No, it's ALL fake" She couldn't believe it.

If i can achieve this level of realism from ANY kind of hairpiece I'm satisfied.

And why can't a full cap look as realistic as Shatners? I could have hair exactly like his if i wanted it. Little too young for that though....