Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about length of hair sample
02-08-2009, 01:23 PM,
Question about length of hair sample
When I cut my hair in order to send a sample so they could match my hair color and hair curl, how long should the samples that I send be ?, is 3 centimeters enough ?, also, how many hairs should be there ?, 10 ? 100 ? 1000 ?
02-08-2009, 05:38 PM,
Re: Question about length of hair sample
We like to get a sample that is the diameter of a pencil eraser and about 1" long. A longer sample is better if possible to match the wave. The factory has matched smaller samples if this size sample is not possible.
Regards,
John
02-08-2009, 11:59 PM,
1" long is not a problem at all, but the diameter of a pencil eraser ?, wow that is a lot of hair, won't this leave a bald spot (if it is taken from the same area) ?

Just to make sure, you mean that the area of skin from which the hair is cut should be the diameter of a pencil eraser (this is not so much hair), or do you mean that after the hair is cut the sample should have the diameter of a pencil eraser (this is *a lot* of hair) ?
02-22-2009, 11:02 PM,
Same question here. There are so many pencil erasers available...

What about the width of a pencil? that is about 5 mm diameter... still a load of hair.

And, in addition: Will every hairsample be assigned to a colour code that will be used by the factory then, or is an individual hair sample always more accurate than a colour code? I mean, once I've sent a good hair sample and I'm happy with the colour of the resulting piece, can I get the "number" of that colour and put it in each future order?