Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIPS FOR GUYS WITH THINNINING LACE PIECES...
02-05-2010, 03:38 PM,
TIPS FOR GUYS WITH THINNINING LACE PIECES...
If you guys have a thinning lace piece and use G2BG for attachments, there's a solution! After I shower and the piece is off, I color my SCALP (real scalp) at the place where the piece is thinning with Dermatch. Then I just continue on the process of attachment with G2BG as normal. The G2BG can go right on the Dermatch without problems. Once the piece is on, the thin spot is concealed almost perfectly. My thin spot is big and really thin too, yet this method does the trick!

I mentioned one criteria for this method to work is to use G2BG. This is because reattachment is a daily thing for those of us who uses G2BG. Since Dermatch will fade, rub off, or "disappear" after a couple of days, you will need to apply it daily (or every 2-3 days). If you use tapes or glues, then this reapplication of Dermatch might not be possible.

Hope this helps!

Leamon
02-06-2010, 03:33 AM,
Re: TIPS FOR GUYS WITH THINNINING LACE PIECES...
Hey buddy,

Thanks so much, this sounds like a great idea!! I will definitely try this.. dermmatch is so handy, I gotta reorder it!
02-06-2010, 07:07 PM,
:lol: yeah Dermatch is a God-send. :lol:
02-07-2010, 01:58 AM,
I'm still very confused about what the heck most of you are
doing that causing the units to shed (bald).
I normally get 10 months or more out of a unit (all lace) and I get
NO shedding and NO lace fry.

Smile
Fred
02-07-2010, 03:29 AM,
For me, while sleeping, I toss and turn, rubbing my unit on a very cotton pillow case. Also, I shower every day, squeeze the water out of my piece, once it's on my head, I blow dry it on hot and high. Yeah, I'm not fragile with my units. Even with such abuse, the pieces hold up well. My last piece lasted 6 months before a noticeable bald spot was seen. Usually the bald spot is localized to just one area, and not the entire head. However, now with this Dermatch trick, I think I can reuse the old piece Big Grin
02-08-2010, 06:23 AM,
Thanks, leamon, that's a great tip.