Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll
02-22-2009, 04:40 AM,
Re: Poll
Hi Johnny,

Does Davlyn clear adhesive contain toulene? It is not shown on the label but I asked for the sheet from that company which says it does contain toulene. Everyone knows a lot of adhesives may pose threat to our health in long run but that did not deter us. However, we always try our best to avoid those adhesives that we know contain bad chemicals (i.e. toulene). Not sure which type of Davlyn adhesive you have been using.

It is true that skin units are much easier to attach and remove.
02-22-2009, 06:27 AM,
I just looked on the old forum, and i read something that you first use davlyn to attach, then when u remove, u just use got2bglued on the old dav residue and use that for attaching, and then another 7 or so days, u do a complete clean up and soak ur base with alcohol soaked cotton balls and leave them on for an hour? not sure if thats your old method or what not. Its hard to search on the old forum.

If you need an hour of alcohol soaking after attaching and reattaching after 7 days, doesnt seem like that glue is particularly easy to clean up to me.

When people make the statement, OMG skin is so much easier to clean up. My mind says oh ok. That must mean i can attach with glue ___X___ and then when i remove it comes right off like erasing chalk off a chalk board. well maybe not that extreme haha.
02-22-2009, 08:18 AM,
Hi Greeney........

Toulene is not listed on the Davlyn bottle. I use the clear liquid one. 1/2 ounce with brush !
Been using it , maybe 20 years ??
I'm gonna be 72 in July, have not been to a doctor in 30 years.......not too concern whats in it ! :x At this stage of the game . Wink
Did quit the smoking a year ago after maybe 40 yrs of smoking !! Smile
Lot more harmful items out there.........soft drinks, red meats, fast foods, alcohol, etc etc, and the list goes on an on! Smile.........Especially the smokes , now that was reallyyyyyy stupid !!! Dumb habit !! Now I can't stand the smell of the stuff, and can smell a smoker a mile away and its very offensive ! Wink And people look dumb blowing smoke out of there mouths !! Can't imagine I did that myself for so many years !! hehe

Yeah Xeon, thats the post..........when I do a serious base clean up, just overlay the perimeter with the alcohol saturated balls........and than usually go on to do something else around the house and come back to it in an hour or so.........but, when I'm in a hurry, as little as 15, 20 minutes or even less! The glue, (Davlyn) usually readily comes right off. And sometimes I don't even do the serious cleanup for 2 weeks or more.
Otherwise I hit the base in between times with the GTBG formula I mentioned. I might add not everyday....I either rinse the base under the faucet or wipe it down with an alcohol cotton ball and it's good to go.....or at times I just just refresh the base with a shot of the Freezing Spray or apply a couple small drops of the Rubber Cement on the base and than rub the remainder that is on my fingers on my head, wait a few....and get a great hold !! But thats just me !! Big Grin

Right now, this attachment is going on 3 days...........and it's SOLID !!

Hope this helps..........

johnny/ABQ
02-22-2009, 09:39 AM,
have you ever tried the coolpiece oil resistant white glue?

Wow 30 years of smoking. Why bother to quit then lol. probably isnt doing you much harm if your still alive after all that time lol. i am a smoker myself, but i cannot quit for some reason. Im totally hooked. Thanks for sharing your tips. Never tried davlyn before.
02-22-2009, 01:13 PM,
Yes I have some Coolpiece glue sitting in my products draw along with a bunch of others (glues). Did not work well for me.

johnny/abq
02-22-2009, 05:46 PM,
Hi Johnny,

Guess you are not using the new type of Davlyn clear adhesive as from what I know it was released only a year or two ago. I like Davlyn clear adhesive as it gives me very natural hairline but maybe I applied too much that it became kind of shiny. The problem is that it does not give me more than two days hold. I mean on lace units.

Hi Xeon,

Skin units are definitely way hassle-free than lace. I tried feeling my super thin skin around the back (applied with Coolpiece's white glue) and I could not believe that I felt no edges like what lace has. Only got to handle carefully. Think I will try to order more thin skin units than lace (too much work for me). Lace at the front and thin skin perimeter should be a good combination. Even without the lace, the hairline still looks pretty natural.
02-23-2009, 05:54 AM,
I dont know man. Everyone says skin is way easier. Im just trying to figure out why or how. What i do like about skin, is that there is no bleed thru hairs to worry about, or a sticky forehead etc. Plus u can shower with it, because its not porous etc. But as far as cleanup goes. So far i tried one glue with skin, basebond, and the cleanup was much more difficult then on lace. I guess i have to try different glues.

What glue do you use again greeny on your skin systems?
02-24-2009, 05:37 AM,
Hi Xeon,

I am currently applying only Got2b Unstoppable Paste and Coolpiece glue at the front hairline. Cleaning is really easy. Mine is super thin skin (injected).

I attached my polyskin (knotted) with glue and tapes in the past, clean up was a mess (there was always gooey residue on the poly).

Guess it would be advisable not to use strong glues or tapes on skin units otherwise you may accidentally tear it, especially super thin skin (polyskin is fine).

With skin units, you can remove it and clean your scalp whenever you feel like. Go to bed without the system and attach it the next day. YOu don't really need to "re-style" it since it is not washed and the style from the day before stays (you may leave the system on top of your BOUNTY towel roll to keep it in shape if you do not have a head block). System lasts longer this way.

Regards,
02-25-2009, 06:25 AM,
wait are u saying u mix the got2b and the coolpiece glue together?
02-25-2009, 06:13 PM,
Hi Xeon,

Got2b paste all around but only Coolpiece's white glue along the front hairline (too strong to mix both). You may try applying glue at the front and back just to make sure that the piece stays firmly.

Regards,