Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll
02-20-2009, 07:10 PM,
Re: Poll
there is a certain way of applying the mastix p . i forgot exactly what they said but i remember it was different then ordinary glue
02-21-2009, 01:43 AM,
Ok heres the best GTBG combo I have ever tried.Take a small hair color bottle,empty of course,
and spray in the freeze glue and put some of the regular GTBG cement in and mix them up real good.
Add spray and glue so you end up with a 3/8 full bottle.Apply the new glue to head using the point tip,
then take a small make up wedge and work the glue all over head to a thin layer.Give it a minute to set
up and put on your hair unit.Dont mess with hair for a few minutes,only press down,etc.You will now have
the best GTBG bond on planet earth.This simple bond will last for two days, and thats two days full on,
2 x 24 hrs.Heres the best part now,it will come off with ease and there will be very little glue on hair unit!!!
Nothing will need to be done to unit,nothing.You also have the new glue in a sealed bottle ready for many more bondings.I have field tested this setup all week and it works,bottom line.Is it strong ? Yes, for about two
days.Can you take a shower with unit on day one?Yes,no problem,just dont wash your hair.A little water
on unit is ok,just let hair dry before you style hair,etc.Did a workout on treadmill, no problem.Lifted
weights,no problem.Two day hold is perfect for me.Good luck
02-21-2009, 08:05 AM,
awesome post lets not forget, ur 2 day hold might be 3 days or 4 or only 1 for someone else. im def going to try and mix them. using the hair color bottles seems like a great way of mixing and easily storing this homemade concoction i hope we all continue creating these homemade recipes. maybe we can one day continue getting this easy maintenance with even stronger hold times. maybe we should try mixing spirit gums with these?
02-21-2009, 09:53 AM,
Meandean, did you do the attachment method that you just described on a lace piece or a skin piece?
02-21-2009, 10:16 AM,
I wear nothing but skin units.........have been for years! Easy maintenance, for me lace is to much of a hassle!

Been using this attachment formula for maybe over a year or two :

GTBG combination of their rubber cement, spiking glue and freeze spray.

In a container, a big drop of the rubber cement.

A big drop pf the spiking glue.

Stir those 2 up with a popsickle stick.........and than spray with the GTBG Freezing Spray.... stir up the whole mixture.....use a foam paint brush.......( from the Dollar Store...a bag of... )....and paint the skin base just before jumping in the shower. After toweling off..........paint some on you're head......also hit that coating with a blast of the GTBG Freeze Spray......there ya have a dynamite hold, for me at least 2 SOLID days!!! Never had gone past that time period, as I like to clean scalp at least every 2 days at the most !! Another reason why I prefer skin units........folks talk about 7, 10, 14 day attachments.......no way that scalp is gonna be 100% for those periods of times !!! Even with the water flowing thru the mesh/lace.......IMHO ? :roll:

It's a few minute operation from removal to attachment, scalp is 100 % clean.........and my units rival any lace at the front hairline ! Wink Some cats on here have seen me at the Vegas Convention, couple years back, I think they will agree ! Big Grin

johnny/ABQ

PS........take it from "the Ole Guy"..........been wearing over 40 years !!! :o :o Big Grin
02-21-2009, 10:41 AM,
I used the glue on a all lace unit from Toplace.I bet on a skin unit I could get 5 day holds.
Make sure you put a cover on the glue bottle tip.I have no doubt we will be getting longer holds
with this glue as folks find other ways to improve this basic starting point.I have a friend who is now using
this new glue idea and he loves it.He likes the fact he can go to Walgreens and buy this glue anywhere in the
USA and can do a complete rebond using only water.The cool thing is you also keep your sclap super clean
and can trim any hair as needed to get a good bond each and every time.You also are not spraying all types
of glue removers, or doing mirror slides,etc.In the old days I was wearing my hair unit for like 5 weeks!
The salon had me by the balls and charged me like 70.00 plus extras each vist to remove unit,clean it,
cut my hair,and the tip.$100.00 out the door total,OUCHY! I had a plastic base hair unit that cost around
$800.00 and lasted only at best 3 months.When I found Toplace ,I found freedom.
02-21-2009, 11:13 AM,
Looking at the Got2Be product line, I see a "freezing spray", a "spiking cement", and a "spiking glue", not to mention some other products. If you can be specific in your posts, that will help eliminate some confusion. Thanks...and yes, Johnny from New Mexico (not Phoenix) has some very realistic hair going on there. Nice job Johnny!
02-21-2009, 12:23 PM,
I use the spray and glue but will be buying the cement also after reading about it.
02-21-2009, 03:38 PM,
johnnycs1

I have usually only worn lace, but recently got my first all skin piece. Im not quite so sure why people always say skin is easier with maintenance. Perhaps it is much easier if you are only using got2bglued. That would also be easy maintenance on lace as well. When i tried to use basebond and super tape on the skin. It was harder to clean then lace. lace the tapes come off super easy cause u can squirt alcohol right through the holes, and not much glue sticks to the lace. On the other hand with skin. Glue LOVES to stick on the plastic. So when you detach you have a whole lot of gooey mess to clean off the plastic, and the basebond did not come off easily at all it was torture trying to get it off. Some of the super tape even was hard to get off the skin, with lace its easy.

It appears with skin clean up is actually more difficult with glues and tapes. and ur probably limited to what kind of tapes you could even use. I will only use got2bglued with the skin piece. Then its def easier cause u dont have to worry about hair bleed throughs, which i disliked about lace.

Another thing about skin, Yeah it appears I get a good bond with the skin using got2glued, but one factor not taken into consideration here is the amount you sweat with a skin system compared to lace. I notice i produce more sweat, Shouldnt that break up the bond more?

btw johnnycs1, what kind of skin do you wear, and it knotted or injected?
02-22-2009, 03:36 AM,
Hey Xeon.......both injected and knotted skin bases.

I use Davlyn Adhesive around the base perimeter for the first attachment after a base clean up and shampoo. That happens about every ten days or so......never any tapes or other brand of glues. Just Davlyn. After those ten days or so, complete glue removal and cleanup ,I have posted ,several times, in the old forum the procedure I use to remove the Davlyn, its a simple quick procedure, you may want to research it.

Thats why in my case....I find skin a lot more user friendly !! Tongue

Again in my case.......this also I have mentioned in the old forum on a couple of occasions.......I worked flight lines both in Albuquerque and Miami........a flight line is usually the hottest place in a city because of the black tar mat........probably 150 degrees !...Probably was OK for me, cause I'm not a heavy sweater ! Now airline retired but still working my own home repair business, mostly outdoors here in that hot Albuquerque summer sunshine!!
That daily or second day removal for a refreshing cleansing makes skin wearing a breeze! Wink

johnny/ABQ