Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll
02-10-2009, 02:28 PM,
Poll
What do you think is the easiest to use liquid adhesive in terms of attachment and removal?
02-10-2009, 02:38 PM,
Re: Poll
For your skin piece, you may want to try spirit gum. It cleans up so easily. I used to use it on lace (for a few years). It didn't give me the long-term hold I wanted on lace, but it should work like a charm on skin.
02-10-2009, 03:05 PM,
The easiest to clean up is the one where

a.) You use the least
b.) You wear it long enough to let it break down short enough but before it gets too messy.

I need a solid week with my attachments and don't want to be cleaning the SFS all the frequently as it frays. I need solid hold and I show 100% hairline. So, I am not going to post my usual attachment

BUT

To answer your question 2 thin layers of this specific NX- Gen gives a great 5 day hold and is a snap to clean up:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hairdirect.com/store/Nx-Geneffects-Unifying-Agent.aspx">http://www.hairdirect.com/store/Nx-Gene ... Agent.aspx</a><!-- m -->

Get thin coats by using a makeup wedge to apply.

I-Glue also workes well and while I'm at it if you get a thin consistency acrylic like Tight Grip and you apply it really thin you should get similar results. I just never like putting acrylic on my head without a good solid dry white glue as a base/barrier.
02-10-2009, 04:36 PM,
yeah i heard some people talk about mastix p spirit gum being a good one. havent tried it yet.
02-10-2009, 10:43 PM,
i-glue and basebond couldn't be easier Smile

just use water to detach, easy on the scalp!
02-11-2009, 03:27 AM,
dino Wrote:For your skin piece, you may want to try spirit gum. It cleans up so easily. I used to use it on lace (for a few years). It didn't give me the long-term hold I wanted on lace, but it should work like a charm on skin.

Dino,

How long did spirit gum last on the lace? I have been looking for a good adhesive for daily attachement. Can't risk detachment while I'm at work though?
02-12-2009, 08:21 AM,
the forum i saw people talking about mastix p, was a forum for black women who wore lace wigs. They seemed to like it. Im guessing they were very thick and heavy wigs. so if it worked for them, it should work for us. Im thinking we could get at least 3 days hold. But i have no idea.
02-12-2009, 09:39 AM,
For lace, you will not get an overnight hold using spirit gum. You apply it first thing in the morning and hope that the bond holds until you are ready to go to sleep that night. At least that was my experience. I used to carry some with me in case I needed a touch up after 12 hours or so.

With skin, I think you'll get an overnight hold for a night or maybe even 2.

Either way (lace or skin) the cleanup is much easier than using a white glue, ultrahold, or tape. You take a cotton ball and put some alcohol on it. You wipe your head once and your head is clean. No glue boogers. Compare a few seconds to clean your head vs. a few minutes with white glue. To clean the lace, just spritz some alcohol on the lace. But every now and then (maybe once a week), you need to soak the lace in some alcohol for a few minutes or use desolvit.
02-12-2009, 12:05 PM,
I use two glue methods.The first is called easy living method,and its,..easy.
Its a two part deal.The first glue is called Labella spike glue,that I got from Wallgreens,for a few
dollars.You put on a thin coat on your head.Next you apply a thin coat of GTBG, let it dry for a few
minutes, then put on hair unit.When its dry it works very well.I can get two days on it if needed.It washes
of with , water!Its called easy living for a reason,but I only use this method when working around house,
basic stuff,no stress.I shop with this method also.Its a great way to bond hair for a easy living day.
When I need a bond for real world living,NextGen white glue is my number one pick.80% of the time this is
the glue for me.Thin coats are the key.
02-12-2009, 12:21 PM,
I have a few questions for you meandean. I am familiar with got2bglued. I have used both the freeze spray and the spiking cement to attach.

are u talking about the got2bglued freeze spray? Usually when u let it dry for a couple of mins, it drys non tacky and nothing sticks to it, So im pretty confused with your method. and what is the point of the layer of the spiking glue first? have u ever tried the got2bglued spiking cement? I think it works better then the spray when it drys.

I never tried next generation glue. its easy to clean up? I heard basebond was easy to clean. I think i might try the spirit gum it has to give a better hold then the got2b no?

regards