Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Cap With Just Measurements
02-11-2009, 03:27 AM,
Full Cap With Just Measurements
Anybody order a full cap , just using measurements? I'm having a heck of a time with a template, and from what I gather, your first couple of caps are going to need some tweaking anyway. Thanks.
02-11-2009, 08:05 AM,
Re: Full Cap With Just Measurements
Hey Robert...Jrob is the one to ask...I think I read somewehere on the old forum that using measurments you can get a more precise fit...also on the template I thinks its better to mark on the template your exact measurements as well. Good Luck Cheers
02-11-2009, 08:55 AM,
JRob needs get his video done, before we have to hurt him Wink Seriously, though, these diagrams on measuring a wig tend to contradict one another. They leave out some critical information, like exact starting points etc....

I found this on Youtube, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmhLozrcMGI">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmhLozrcMGI</a><!-- m -->, but most sites out there have slightly different instructions.
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM,
If you order by measurements count on having to chop up the base.

You are better off making a template. If you order off of measurements you won't get the hairline and temples you are looking for.

My first two units were from measurements. No recession and no temple points. You really can't expect them to "craft" this part without a template.

Keep in mind this full cap thing for men is new, and my theory is that the factory isn't used to having to be particular with the hairline and temple areas, ventilation, etc.
They are probably used to making them for women who tend to wear the hair longer and usually have less defined temple points and no recession. I have contacted John about this so hopefully the factory will begin to take these things into consideration.

I wasn't planning on shooting anything for the DVD regarding measurements, but I suppose I could put something in there about it.

BTW.....if you are ordering skin perimeter (which I do not recommend) do NOT order from measurements.
02-11-2009, 09:50 AM,
I've done both - measurements and template. You can get away with measurements only but you may need to do a bit of chopping and resetting measurements the first few times. Once you've got it right though the results can be very good indeed.

I also think the standard 6 measurements are not enough. I use 9 altogether:

#1. Circumference: 23 inches
#2. Front hairline to Nape: 13.5 inches
#3. Ear to Ear Across Forehead: 12.5 inches
#4. Ear to Ear Over Top: 12 inches
#5. Temple to Temple Around Back: 13.5 inches
#6. Nape: 5.5 inches
#7. From temple to temple over head: 9.5 inches
#8. From front of left ear round back of head to front of right ear: 11.5 inches
#9. Sideburns:
- Length - From bottom of right sideburn across top of head to bottom of left sideburn 14 inches
- Width – 3/4 inch