Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much time do you spend tweaking a new piece?
02-11-2009, 04:53 AM,
How much time do you spend tweaking a new piece?
Hi there,

One of the big turn offs for me is with a new wig 3/4 cap is the cutting and tweaking of it, seems to take ages. Been wearing for a long long time 25 years and I must say that this is one of the things that could make me stop wearing.

With a new wig takes about 6-7 hours to get the hair down to the right length, cutting it myself shortening the hair at first in my hand and then putting on my head and using a mirror to cut it further.

Then it is still very full looking so takes a lot of washing shampooing and blow drying and about 2 weeks messing around with it until it really setttles down and is wearable.

I could get my sister whoes a hairdresser to cut it, but even then I think to get it right would still need her to tweak it, so overall I like doing it myself.

so probably overall for a 3/4 near full cap I suppose it takes maybe 12 hours of work befor I venture out in it.

Its not a toplace by the way (so I hope ba doesn't mind me talking on here)

its the mono base with poly sides advantage of that it lasts a long time, currnent one Im wearing is over 14 mths but shedding in places. I prefer it to last longer as I wouldn't want to go through the cut in process every 3-4 mths

paddy
02-11-2009, 05:16 AM,
Re: How much time do you spend tweaking a new piece?
I would suggest you go to a professional stylist. 6 - 7 hours to cut your hair!! that is just crazy! a professional will have it cut-in in just an hour or so.
DebbieS.
02-11-2009, 09:58 AM,
12 hours of pre-wearing work! It takes me less than an hour to cut in, shape, thin out (if necessary) and style a new full cap and that includes attachment. I may need to tweak it a bit more after the first couple of times wearing, bu this usually only takes a few minutes to do. Colouring and sealing the base takes a bit longer but these are not always necessary tasks.
02-11-2009, 11:05 AM,
Pwhack,

I understand where you are coming from,. After i get my unit cut in by a professional stylist, i gotta be honest, it looks semi-terrible. Hair is way too poofy, seems to have no style, or looking natural. The secret is, it really needs tweaking and settling time. After i get it 'cut in', I go home to tweak to the length i really want in different places. I put in gels or spray to hold the style i want, and then i leave it for a few days. I may tweak a little further in the following week, but after that, its pretty much all done to how i like, and i wear it for about 3 months with no more major tweaking really. I would say tweaking time within the first week,, including coloring, cutting, maybe even cutting down the base etc...would be about 3-8 hours. After that i wear with no problems really.
My personal opinion is that tweaking is SO important to get it to 'look' right.

Sam
02-11-2009, 01:20 PM,
Hey Sam, clue me in. What do you need the "proffesional stylist" for? Smile
02-11-2009, 05:43 PM,
Buckeye,

My main reason is im too lazy to cut it down with all the mess in my house. I rather spend a few bucks to have it cut down and more or less ready to be tweaked. I could do the same thing at home, but would take little longer and cant be bothered..hehe

However there is no way i would go anywhere straight from the salon. No way in hell,i dont care how good the stylist is. Needs tweaking. At least the way i like it, it needs tweaking.I dont know what other people like regarding style etc. but i know i need to tweak mine to how i like it before i go anywhere.

Sam
02-11-2009, 10:35 PM,
Sester...couldn't have said it better...no matter how good the stylist is and the cutin...I still have to get it the way I want it for myself....the way I style it...make it look natural...tweak it here/tweak it there/everyone knows how they want it to lay/ I drive home check it out in the rearview mirror and I know this isn't me......I would never go out anywhere until I come home a make some adjustments on the unit . Cheers