Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who exposes hairline with tape?
02-11-2009, 05:11 PM,
who exposes hairline with tape?
Any tips to get it less noticeable?

I imagine your bond is more secure with tape up front, but does that come at the expense of an undetectable hairline? If so, by how much?

thanks!
02-11-2009, 05:52 PM,
Re: who exposes hairline with tape?
i use st 30 very very close to the front, and only a tad of glue in front of that. I really can appl ythe st 30 all the way up. I have a higher density so its fine. I rub out most of the shine.

Sam
02-11-2009, 07:36 PM,
I never use tape all the way up to the hairline. I use tape BEHIND the hairline for strength and glue in the front for a nice clean finish.

Even if you kill the shine, tape adds too much bulk IMO.
02-11-2009, 08:18 PM,
If you are trying to hide the fact you are wearing from another wearer then its true tape is slightly bulky to a some one who is looking for it.

I use ST-30 all around and walker no-shine in the front. I change the front every three days and remove the system about once a week. The walker no-shine is pretty thin and i think its pretty undetectable to an average person. I mean if some one is going to sit there and with a magnifying glass they will notice something is a little off no matter what.

What I always say is try both and see what works for you. I think tape works fine, I have 63% density in the front, I could see if you had less density it becoming a problem. I also scallop the tape in the front, which also helps get rid of the appearance of a straight line. Others are more particular and like to use glue and don't like tape all the ways to the front. Try both so you make your own choice. Tape to me is just so easy to apply and remove I couldn't be happier with it.
02-12-2009, 09:45 AM,
Here are a couple of pics of my current unit in the sun outside.

These are both very close, the first one is less than 2 feet away, and the 2nd one is less than a foot away.
Most people will not be this close to you in person as well[attachment=1][attachment=0]
I use Walker no-shine for the front, and Supertape or ST-30 around the perimeter depending on my mood.
Obviously, if you're a hair wearer, you might have a thought that I wear.
If you are not, then you will just think my forehead is a little shiny.

Really, the common person has no idea if they see a little shine on your forehead that you're wearing a piece with tape, they would just think you have oily skin.

This is with my hair uncut and unstyled, BTW.
This is a stock unit I had just cut down the base and attached, so there is a little more shine than there normally would be because the tape is fresh.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-15-2009, 06:44 AM,
Undetectable,

That looks fantastic! Close-up of an exposed hairline in the sun, yet still undetectable. Good job!

Leamon
02-15-2009, 12:28 PM,
Yeah, man, that passes my test (and I'm picky). I can't believe that's tape. What density is that in front? Looks completely undetectable to me, imagine average public Joe/Jane.
02-15-2009, 01:09 PM,
Thanks guys.
This is a stock unit that is 70% density, the hairline is very graduated, at first I thought a little too much, but I like the realistic look of it now that I have it cut in and styled.
I will post some new pics this week.
02-19-2009, 03:42 AM,
very nice ... undectectable ... I'm very jealous ...
I only achieved that look one time using all tape
... with one attachment ...

The next time .. the ST-30 tape rose in font like bread
batter in the oven .. and it looked like my hair in front
was growing out of a bed of glycerin gel ....

And as the front wore at the part ... I couldn't
tape that close to the edge ....

Nice job ... !!!
02-19-2009, 11:41 AM,
Well, if you did some research on the old forum you would know what effect water has on st 30 and what other options there are for wearing tape at the hairline.Smile

Also, there are certain methods that are used with tape at the hairline so it is undetectable.