Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Always Looks Like I'm Sweating?
02-12-2009, 03:44 PM,
It Always Looks Like I'm Sweating?
OK, so my hairline at about 2 days glistens such that it looks like I am sweating. I wipe it off a bit but it returns within an hour. Does anyone experience the same problem and is there a solution?

I've been wearing for about 3 years and it seems that it's gotten worse over the years. Any input would be great. Thanks!
02-12-2009, 06:40 PM,
Re: It Always Looks Like I'm Sweating?
I get some oil on my forehead near my hairline. I'm guessing because its not as easy to clean right up to the hairline without causing lifting. The oils could be the sweat look? That's the only thing I can come up with.
02-13-2009, 12:47 AM,
Not enough info to make an educated guess, but I will assume that you are using a waterbased adhesive and maybe you are sweating a bit more because as you adapt to your environment your body chemistry changes. Blood pressure, body heat, STRESS and humidity will affect the reaction of the adhesive. I have days where that happens as well. When I used a waterbased adhesive and I "shined" more often, I would use a little loose powder with a small utility brush. (Covergirl 115 for light skin and up for darker - found at any drug store or Wal-Mart type) This will also remove tacky feel when glue goes forward of hairline. A little on your fingertip will also work, but the tip of the brush will actually get into the mesh if the shine is back from the hairline. I hope that this helps.

Zappa
02-16-2009, 08:04 AM,
Thanks for the input. I'm going to give that a try. I'm wondering though if I have stumbled across a possible cause. On or about 3 years ago I began getting botox treatments for hyperhydrosis. Now this isn't the botox treatment you get to make youself look beautiful but the type you get to stop sweating in certain areas. As a business professional it was tough to deal with the under arm sweat through out the work day. Treatment works like a charm but I'm wondering if my body is shifting where it sweats and the top of my head is one of the places.