Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The delivery of a hairpiece
02-13-2009, 10:49 AM,
The delivery of a hairpiece
I have contacted John about this aswell. I'm living in a very noisy neighborhood with people who have way too much time on their hands and a postal service who is as stupid as can be. Just yesterday a neighbor came knocking on my door with a package for me which was wrongly delivered. It happens occasionally. It was a real wake up call since I'm expecting my HP in a few weeks.

The problem is that it is delivered in a plastic bag/envollope which makes its very easy to feel whats in it and "TL" and the full adres of Toplace makes it very easy to trace.

This is a real problem for me. What can be done to avoid this? Any ideas?

Thank you.

With kind regards!
02-13-2009, 11:17 AM,
Re: The delivery of a hairpiece
I think all it says in the return address area is "TL"... and an address . there is no mention of hair piece or even TOPLACE on the envelope to my knowledge but John can answer to be sure.. there is no way to feel that it is a hairpiece by feeling the envelope. I think you don't have any worries here.
DebbieS.
02-13-2009, 11:41 AM,
Deb's right. The return address does not have 'Toplace' written out---just the initials 'TL' and the return address. There's no way they're going to figure out it's a hair piece.
Regards,
John
02-13-2009, 01:38 PM,
For peace of mind you might want to look into getting a PO box then.
02-15-2009, 09:23 AM,
Thank you for your responses.

Debbie, you say you cant feel that its a hairpiece but I have received a HP as a test about 2 yrs back and than the HP got sended in a very thin (0,1 millimeter) closed bag and it was very detectable if you ask me. Or did the packaging got a thicker since then?

PO address is a option for a later stage but its alot of hassle when you are out of a car.

Are there any other tips you could give, then please do so.

Thank you.

With kind regards.
02-15-2009, 11:58 AM,
Dude, c'mon it was only detectable to you because you knew what was in the package. If you're sweatin' over this then how are you gonna feel walking around in public when you know you have a wig on your head?

Take a deep breath, it will be allright. Wearing hair is an attitude. Wink
02-16-2009, 12:19 AM,
I was worried about the same too.Especially, since i live in India and it go thru the customs officials. The post office guys too have a reputation of opening parcels recd from overseas to check what's in it.
Thankfully, it went smoothly.The package was recd by my cousin when i was at work.he and my bro had both handled the pacakage and till today they have had no clue what was in it. There was nothing on the cover which even remotely suggested that it was a HP. I think there was a note from BA marked to Customs"Pls respect the privacy of the Hairpiece'. So, nothing to worry about
02-16-2009, 01:52 AM,
I took delivery of mine yesterday, and there was nothing that would indicate what was inside. I guess if you really felt the envelope you could take a guess, but it just as easily could be any sort of towel, linen, garment, stuffed animal, or the like. Not to compare the unit to any of those things, but you get the idea Smile
02-16-2009, 05:15 AM,
My last piece came in an envelope and said in big letters "Fragile: Hairpiece inside"...ha ha...is this a seriously a topic discussion?
02-16-2009, 06:01 AM,
I`m planning to go to UK convention. When I get my flight to UK I show my passport... picture & passenger is "Bruce Willis style". When I fly home, picture is still the same but the passenger will probably look different then.
I hope, that they will let me on board, that`s my only worry. :-)
Best regards, Carsten