Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wax Works key to wig survival.
02-14-2009, 12:17 AM,
Wax Works key to wig survival.
Been without Wax Works for about 2 weeks and I'm more convinced than ever WW is the main reason why I consistently get 6 months to a year out of my wig's.

Will elaborate more when I get some time.
02-14-2009, 03:31 AM,
Re: Wax Works key to wig survival.
Yeah, wax works is a fantastic product.

I remember after reading your post on products on the old forum, I just went out and bought them all. And they were all fantastic!! Especially the nexus gel Big Grin
02-14-2009, 06:48 AM,
Mr.Burns Wrote:Yeah, wax works is a fantastic product.

I remember after reading your post on products on the old forum, I just went out and bought them all. And they were all fantastic!! Especially the nexus gel Big Grin

Could someone please post links of these probduct so we can see what it looks like
02-14-2009, 08:31 AM,
I have WW in my hair as we speak. I agree, it is a fantastic product.

My only criticism is the fact that it is very shiny. I don't mind it being shiny sometimes, but I like to wear different styles, so its too bad they don't make it in varying degrees of shine. I would love to have a product that gives similar hold and texture with more of a matte finish.
02-14-2009, 09:08 AM,
Check the info link sticky.
02-14-2009, 06:04 PM,
If you mix it with water, and let it dry, or blow dry your hair a little it is less shiny. I kind of like the shine, cause sometimes with hair pieces, the hair can look like shoe polish when it is matte.
02-15-2009, 04:59 AM,
Ok, got some time now and am at my laptop.

I ran out of WW about a month ago and just didn't have the time to go the mall to pick up some real WW.

So I use, Pureology Pomade, and some RedKen stuff my brother in law gave me. Neither product had any "bad" ingredients.

Crap, after about a month on this new unit was really not looking so great and both products really borought out the differences between my peice hair and my real hair.

I know now that is why I've never been given a second glance outside playing sports in the sun with family and friends, even at work under those bright fourescnet lights, JRbob nailed it in another thread, WW really adds depths of color to piece hair and real hair, having the same result on both. And it blends the real and piece hair perfectly, can cover alot of mistakes in cut too.

So I go out and give the generic WW a second try, 5 bucks at Sally. Every bottle I opened was a different thickness, the PM WW is REAL thick. I buy the thickest bottle I could find, been using it for a few days and it is no where near as good as the real stuff, not even close in every aspect.

I'll be going out to get some real PM WW in a minute.

My original review is here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/thread/1200524960/last-1206735451/My+final+4+hair+gel+pomade+wax+products...comprehensive+review">http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/t ... ive+review</a><!-- m -->
...and can also be found in the info links sticky.
02-15-2009, 05:41 AM,
Snipe Wrote:So I use, Pureology Pomade, and some RedKen stuff my brother in law gave me. Neither product had any "bad" ingredients.

Crap, after about a month on this new unit was really not looking so great and both products really borought out the differences between my peice hair and my real hair.

I have had the same experience. And I have done a TON of research on ingredients, so I know a thing or two about the subject.

I own many different styling products and even the ones that seem to have nothing bad in them can still dry the hair. That is what lead me to look for a solution in the first place....hearing about silicone on the board and trying products other toplacers mentioned, and finally realizing that the only product that I had used to date that made the hair feel great was the John Frieda gel with "encapsulated silicone".

I've mentioned this before, and at the risk of sounding like a self promotion I'm going to throw it out there again- all you have to do is add ONE DROP of the BlueMax serum to most any other wax, gel, or putty to achieve a result similar to Waxworks. If I didn't do this, I wouldn't be able to use most of the products I have, but that one tiny drop makes all the difference in the world. This gives me a lot of flexibility to have different styles since the WW gives a specific look. If I want something different I have the option. I have some Fructis wax and a generic putty I bought at sallys and I like the way both of them work in the hair, but without a drop of the serum I can't use them.

Why does this happen? I haven't tested this on a molecular level, but my theory is that even though these hair products don't necessarily contain any "bad" ingredients, they somehow effect the moisture balance in the hair. This is probably due to the cuticle being damaged or partially missing. The high silicone content in the serum helps to seal the hair preventing these ingredients from entering the hair shaft and maybe more importantly preventing moisture loss by putting a thin coating on the hair shaft. And that's likely the reason why waxworks does so well.....it helps to "seal" the hair shaft. If you feel the hair after you apply it you can feel that it is coated.
02-15-2009, 01:15 PM,
snipe have u tried a recent batch of the generic waxworks. Thats what i have been using now. and it works fine for me. Seems like the same kind of stuff. Same texture and shine. And seems like the same ingredients.
02-16-2009, 09:27 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:snipe have u tried a recent batch of the generic waxworks. Thats what i have been using now. and it works fine for me. Seems like the same kind of stuff. Same texture and shine. And seems like the same ingredients.

Haven't tried a recent batch, but the stuff I tried wasn't even close to waxworks.

The generic companies have to do what is called "reverse-engineering" on these formulas, so although the ingredients are exactly the same, only Paul Mitchell knows the real recipe.

I know this because I have my own top secret formulas under lock and key, hehe