Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A way to prevent the sticky hairline
02-06-2010, 02:10 PM,
A way to prevent the sticky hairline
Its pretty simple. After you are done attaching your system, just take a q tip and soak it in got2bglued freeze spray, or perhaps another hair spray and gently blot the perimeter of the hairline. It dries non tacky and creates a barrier. Since doing this my hairline is not tacky and it does not collect the dust and dirty that glue can attract at the very edge of the hairline.
02-15-2010, 03:32 AM,
Re: A way to prevent the sticky hairline
Xeon,
Do you use the GTBG as a sort of 'sealer' and then use glue to attach? Or do you just put it down and attach the hairline with the GTBG?
Thanks,
John
02-15-2010, 07:28 AM,
Re: A way to prevent the sticky hairline
I have been using the got2bglued spiking glue I believe it is called to attach down my base. I find with thin skin it really creates a bond I am satisfied with. I also at times use it to attach the front hairline as well. But the front hairline I feel I need a little bit of glue for a better hold. Not sure why, but for the base its great.

Ill use a little bit of glue at the front center of the hairline, and for the side and temple/temple flap areas i will use the got2b.

the other product I use for a sealer is the got2b glued freeze hair spray. I use that on the hairline that is attached with regular glue to kill the stickiness. It creates a barrier. Works rather well. Keeps dirt as well as your hairs from sticking down into the lace. I just dab it lightly. Probably could work with any kind of hairspray.