Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cut-in pics!
02-16-2009, 08:28 AM,
First cut-in pics!
Well gang, I finally took the plunge yesterday. I took a few photos, including a couple "torture test" shots - with a DSLR camera, zoomed, flash, and all under the light of pure day from 9 foot windows. Any feedback is welcome - see if you can spot the piece Smile

Just a little window on what the experience has been like so far for you fellow newbies like myself. I got my hair yesterday morning, about 2 hours prior to the cut-in. Cut close, I know...I opened it and I was floored at the sheer amount of hair! For you first timers, don't freak when you first see it. It looked super super dark and curly and thick and my heart sank. No way this is matching my hair without massive coloring, I thought.

However, once you cut the piece hair down from the 5 inches or so it comes in, brush it out, cut some of the older hairs from your own hair, and the stylist does a good job of blending at the "joint" it looks really good. Don't get too aggressive with the hairline either - my first attachment was way too far down and looked fake. We brought it back up to 4 fingers from the eyebrows and it looked much more natural.

Specs: 65 density, freestyle, med wave, custom with template and hair sample. No coloring has been added to this piece or my hair - straight from the envelope.

I was :mrgreen: a NW3/4 with almost zero crown left, though really solid sides and a respectable front.

Photos here: http://community.webshots.com/album/570107507UrfsNO
02-16-2009, 09:05 AM,
Re: First cut-in pics!
Hairpieces and styling products go together like peanut butter and jelly!

Good job man.
02-16-2009, 03:23 PM,
Thanks JRob. That was actually without any product in those pics. I'm currently using Bumble and Bumble Sumo Wax, but plan to try out WaxWorks, since it comes so highly recommended here.
02-17-2009, 04:20 AM,
looks great ... Smile well done ...
02-17-2009, 05:03 AM,
Jake,
Looks great! And you bring up some good points for newbies. Newbies--don't freak out when you first get the piece. It all comes together with a good styling.
Regards,
John
02-17-2009, 07:59 AM,
Looks awesome man! Well done.
I have Wax Works at home, but it is a little too shiny for my taste... I also have the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shaping Creme which is supposed to be less shiny.
I think I will give this one a try soon since it really seems that the hair is easier to match when wet or with styling stuff...

Again, looks very nice!
02-17-2009, 08:56 AM,
well done. that looks real nice