Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: Designing a new template with temple points (photos)
02-17-2009, 05:32 AM,
Help: Designing a new template with temple points (photos)
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of trying out a new template design incorporating temple points.

For a long time I've been an advocate of the "side curtains" style, and it has worked very well for me. But I think I have receded even a little more and my sides aren't so good anymore so it's getting a bit trickier, and the wind is not my friend like it used to be.

To combat this, I've decided to experiment with building temple points into my template. Some of you have experience with this, and I would appreciate your advice as I've never done it before.

I'm debating on which of the following template designs to go for:

[Image: b4_1.JPG]

[Image: b4_2.JPG]

[Image: b4_4.JPG]

The first two would be fairly radical for me, and have full temple points built in with the exact shape of my original temple points (I can still use the fine hairs as a guide, as my old temple points have not completely disappeared, look close and you will see them).

The last one could be a winner (maybe extended down a little more) even though it doesn't model an actual temple point shape. The first two are cool but could be a right pain in the ass to attach and to stop them fraying or falling off (especially seeing as it's SFS).

Any advice??
02-17-2009, 06:01 AM,
Re: Help: Designing a new template with temple points (photos)
Hi Mr. Burns,

I personally think that everyone's case is different. For yours, the lower part of your sideburns is still pretty decent and 3rd one will be the best option. 1st and 2nd templates are way too close to your eyebrows (I mean the sideburns) and may not look natural (only if you wanna look like Donald Trump).

Can't wait to see your new photos Wink
02-17-2009, 01:18 PM,
Greenery is right on the money.

I tried what you have on my first two templates and it just didn't look or work right.

The third option is basically where I've ended up with my template.

Also, you don't want to have a vertical line that angles back creating recession because hairs will stick to that angle naturally and it just doesn't look right with hair sticking to that back angle all the time.
02-17-2009, 02:03 PM,
Try just getting a big chunky area of temple encompassing every possible portion of the area you may wish to cover. Then, trim accordingly based on what looks most natural. Remember, you can always take away from the base but can't add.
02-17-2009, 02:15 PM,
I basically did what Xeon did here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/thread/1197414306/last-1197486414/Why+use+Flaps+instead+of+just+widening+front-">http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/t ... ing+front-</a><!-- m -->
02-17-2009, 04:19 PM,
If you aren't shaving any of the thinning temple hair you have I say definitely #3. You would have a hell of a time trying to mess with those long wings, and unless you shave some of the lighter density hair of your own I think you might have blending issues.

I would keep doing your cut-in illusion thingy and just make the template a bit bigger and see what happens.
02-17-2009, 11:00 PM,
Thanks for the advice guys. It looks like I will go with something closer to the third option!

I would like to fully recreate my long gone temple points but as you say JRob, it would be necessary to shave more of that low density area and we are almost into full cap territory there. I may try it at some point, but I want to be able to wear a baseball cap sometimes so I don't want to go right down to my ears almost in shaving.
02-20-2009, 06:16 AM,
Yo, don't send that template yet, I have a change should make.

Will provide info tonight.
02-20-2009, 06:21 AM,
Excellent Snipe, you are one of the real temple-point scientists of this forum so I look forward to hearing your advice!

I will be ordering two systems this time, so I may even try two different designs and see how they both work.

It's a tricky little design issue, and would certainly be made easier if I was to shave more hair. So I'm also tempted to shave off more. By the way, I don't want to go with partial pieces for the temple points as having one "piece" on my head is enough for me I think.
02-20-2009, 03:48 PM,
I'm out partying right now but wanted to get back to you.

You need to bring those flaps down to a point so there is a smooth transition into your side hair. Look at my template pics and you'll see what I'm talking about.

When I get to my laptop tomorrow I'll go into more specifics.

Attached Files Image(s)