Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dermatch results-(photos)
02-17-2009, 02:42 PM,
Dermatch results-(photos)
I finally tried the dermatch for the first time. I think it makes a big difference on the sides. I put the stuff on dry and it takes less than a minute. For some reason its cutting off the right side of the pictures so it may be hard to see the difference. The last pic is with the dermatch but my piece is not attached and the first two is w/o. It looks better attached because there is hair from the piece that blends into the side hair with the dermatch. Also, its pretty close up under a kitchen light. Anyway, just wanted to share this.

[Image: DSC00432-smaller.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1429.jpg]
[Image: DSC_3639-2.jpg]
02-17-2009, 03:15 PM,
Re: Dermatch results-(photos)
Rod, nice example.
Personally I think you look fine without.
02-17-2009, 04:14 PM,
I think you look fine without it too.

That said, I always have some concealer lying around. Even with a full cap shaving my entire head I have use for it from time to time to fill in thin areas and such.
02-17-2009, 04:40 PM,
yeah it looks ok w/o but I just wanted to play around and just see what it looked like with the dermatch. I should have taken it with the piece attached. The piece hair covers and blends so that the area its applied to looks fuller and not as thin as the previous pics. That last pic is pretty much all dermatch on the edge of my hairline which I think looks pretty good to be exposed like that....and plus the lighting from the camera and room doesn't help anything.
02-18-2009, 12:06 AM,
Yes Rod, I think it looks like a really good improvement. And what people can't see here is that the dermatch will allow your thicker piece hair to blend so much better with your own thin hair, thanks to the dermatch.

This is something I have to try sometime and see if I can go shorter on the sides with dermatch.
02-18-2009, 04:06 AM,
Hey Rod
Looks great. I am curious what are the specs on your unit? Did u get a part in it? It looks great.
02-18-2009, 05:50 AM,
Yes, this unit does look really good and 100% believeable 8-)
02-18-2009, 09:00 AM,
Mr.Burns Wrote:Yes, this unit does look really good and 100% believeable 8-)

I agree.

BTW...just posted these in another thread, but since we are on the subject here is me with dermmatch covering up non-existent sides. I know why you use the stuff...

[Image: IMGP3163.jpg]

[Image: IMGP3162.jpg]
02-18-2009, 11:04 AM,
Quote:Yes Rod, I think it looks like a really good improvement. And what people can't see here is that the dermatch will allow your thicker piece hair to blend so much better with your own thin hair, thanks to the dermatch.

Exactly...thats why I should have taken the picture with it attached so you can see how the piece hair "lays" into my hair with the dermatch.

Quote:Looks great. I am curious what are the specs on your unit? Did u get a part in it? It looks great.

This was a piece I got over a year ago. I never order a part, only freestyle but recently I got the flatback front and will order freestyle w/ flatback from now on. With freestyle you can create a part or whatever you want to do.
Specs on this one was 65% freestyle, straight hair, A contour, hair color from a sample and I always mention cut in by Debbie and touched up by a regular hair stylist here at home.

Also, for anyone wanting to try the dermatch...I recommend putting the stuff on dry. The directions say to wet the little applicator but if you do that its like painting the stuff on and it will be very dark, especially at the edge of the hairline. Its ok to wet it and use where you have more hair but like I say, at the hairline it has to be dry so you can fade it in. If you see this Jrob, wouldn't you agree? Hope this info helps.
02-18-2009, 05:27 PM,
Yea, I've had better luck with dermmatch applying it dry. I use an old toothbrush to loosen the powder (as per another forum member's suggestion) and most of the time i simply use the tip of my finger to rub it in.

I actually HAVE to do this when I use it to cover thinning areas on my full cap to make sure I get enough of the powder on that it works down into the lace.