Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bond remover
02-19-2009, 09:11 AM,
Bond remover
What is the quickest, cleanest way to remove a white glue type bond off you scalp. I had a mishap with bonding and had to remove it after a day and it was really hard and messy with the amber type removers. Is there something that is better? Also, what tricks do you guys have for returning shine and smooth texture? I am new to this forum but have been wearing hair for a long time. I am glad to have found this because no one knows as well as you all do what it's like to deal with these types of problems. I read you all mentioning certain probucts but I don't see on this site where to BUY them......

Thanks
02-19-2009, 02:20 PM,
Re: Bond remover
hairagain Wrote:What is the quickest, cleanest way to remove a white glue type bond off you scalp. I had a mishap with bonding and had to remove it after a day and it was really hard and messy with the amber type removers. Is there something that is better? Also, what tricks do you guys have for returning shine and smooth texture? I am new to this forum but have been wearing hair for a long time. I am glad to have found this because no one knows as well as you all do what it's like to deal with these types of problems. I read you all mentioning certain probucts but I don't see on this site where to BUY them......

Thanks

In my opinion De-Solvit is by far the best solvent to clean any glue off,

For keeping the hair nice and soft try Nearly Natural with Loreal Vibe conditioner for dry and restless hair.
Debbie supplys the Nearly Natural and you get get the conditioner from any store that sells shampoos and condotioners. Also get some Blue Max from J Rob this is a good product to stop the hair getting dry in the first place.
02-19-2009, 04:51 PM,
PURE works best for me as an all around adhesive solvent. Its more expensive, but honestly it doesn't take much. Even with a full cap a bottle probably lasts me a good 6 months. Debbie has it at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->

BA707 Wrote:
hairagain Wrote:Also get some Blue Max from J Rob this is a good product to stop the hair getting dry in the first place.

That's exactly what it is designed to do, BA.

Up until now the issue of dryness in hairpieces has been approached only from the angle of "moisturizing".

Unfortunately, no matter how much you moisturize the hair with a good quality shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in conditioner, the results are short lived and I have personally found that when I get about halfway through the life cycle of the hairpiece (1.5-2 months) the hair really starts to lose moisture quickly and begins to deteriorate at a rapid pace.

That's why I sought a solution that would attack the problem by actually SEALING the cuticle to allow the hair to retain moisture much longer than it would on its own.

As of today the product has officially gone into full scale production with a nice new bottle and all, so I am out of the product for at least a few weeks. I have a few samples that I can send if anyone is interested in trying it before the re-launch.
02-19-2009, 07:15 PM,
I just ordered one of the last bottles of blue max that JRob had. I wanted to give the blue max a fair shake in what it could do for my hair, I was curious. I really didn't know what to expect. I thought it would weigh the hair down or make it oily ect.. I have to say it is a great product, JRob did his homework on this. It made an older piece (3.5 months)look more vibrant and way more manageable to style the hair. It kinda of drank up the product so to speak, probably due to dryness. I will always use blue maxx as needed. Thanks JRob..Good job!
02-20-2009, 04:52 AM,
sprital Wrote:I just ordered one of the last bottles of blue max that JRob had. I wanted to give the blue max a fair shake in what it could do for my hair, I was curious. I really didn't know what to expect. I thought it would weigh the hair down or make it oily ect.. I have to say it is a great product, JRob did his homework on this. It made an older piece (3.5 months)look more vibrant and way more manageable to style the hair. It kinda of drank up the product so to speak, probably due to dryness. I will always use blue maxx as needed. Thanks JRob..Good job!

Definitely won't make the hair oily, as you pointed out. It does contain a small amount of natural oils that are chemically very similar to you body's own lubricant/protectant (sebum), but the quantities of the oils had to be adjusted to get them just right or the hair would start to look unnatural, or more correctly, it would look like it hasn't been washed in several days. Good for the hair, but not the desired look for most.

When I was experimenting with shampoos I tried some of the bar shampoos that are made from all natural oils as opposed to the surfactants that are found in most shampoos, and due to the porosity of the hair it made the unit look like an unwashed hippie at a Grateful Dead concert. Not good! Had to scrap that idea because although the oils are really good for the hair, you have to strike a balance between making it look good and protecting it.

The most important ingredients are the silicones, which provide extra conditioning and most importantly lock in the moisture from your conditioning routine. Silicones are also great for heat and humidity resistance.

Although it can definitely help with an older unit, the best way to get the full benefit out of it that I have found is to work a small amount through the hair immediately after each time you wash and condition. My current unit is the first one that I have used the serum on continuously since day 1 (before that I was experimenting with different things and wasn't 100% consistent) and I can tell you that the results are astounding.

After 2 months the hair is just a little bit drier than it was when it was 2 weeks old, and there has been very little fading or color change.

It works so well that when the rest of the products are ready if you purchase the three and use them together if it doesn't do exactly what I say it does you can send it back for a full refund, including shipping....that's how confident I am that it will make your system look better and last longer.

I'm turning into such a product geek...haha!
02-20-2009, 06:42 PM,
The Blue Maxx serum is a great product in my opinion. I'll probably try all your products when they come out. My hair never got oily at all, it works great. Stay in the Lab!