Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satin + Silk pillowcase? R they the same or two different?
02-20-2009, 04:51 AM,
Re: Satin + Silk pillowcase? R they the same or two different?
I thought it was silk pillowcases that were recommended... which one is better?
02-20-2009, 05:03 AM,
yes .. that was my idea of the questioning ...
or comparison shopping ...
02-20-2009, 03:41 PM,
I don't think there's much difference between the silk and the satin pillow cases. I idea is to sleep on something that is smooth and either one will do the job. A cotton pillow case is 'rough' and does two things: first, it 'hooks' the hair and pulls on it, and second, it 'wicks' the hair and causes it to dry out.
02-21-2009, 05:26 AM,
Thanks, John... makes sense.
02-21-2009, 07:25 AM,
ToplaceUSA Wrote:I don't think there's much difference between the silk and the satin pillow cases. I idea is to sleep on something that is smooth and either one will do the job. A cotton pillow case is 'rough' and does two things: first, it 'hooks' the hair and pulls on it, and second, it 'wicks' the hair and causes it to dry out.

This is a great summary of the benefits of silk/satin. Most people use them for reduced friction, when equally as important (possibly more important when you factor in dryness is the main cause of shedding) is that it helps the hair retain moisture. I can tell a 100%+ difference using a satin pillowcase. When I had cotton the hair was noticeably drier on the back and sides than on the top. The only culprit possible was the pillowcase, and sure enough, as soon as I changed it out the hair stayed evenly moisturized all over.