Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to dry unit?
02-06-2010, 03:17 PM,
How to dry unit?
I have a lot of hair (full cap at 80% density with some areas at 4+inches) and even after a thorough towel drying it still takes about 3 hours to naturally air dry. What techniques do you use to dry your unit?
02-07-2010, 03:33 AM,
Re: How to dry unit?
How about holding the inside of the piece with a towel, and hold the outside with a towel, then use pressure to sandwich the piece (which is now between 2 towels). This should take a lot of the water out. Then use a blow dryer on NO heat (although I use high heat for my pieces, which is not recommended, but I like to get things done fast) to blow the excess water out.
02-12-2010, 02:11 PM,
I was going to post about this earlier but I've had some issues to deal with lately and kinda been out of touch.

I've tested this thoroughly the past 2 years with no negative results. Mind you, I use waxworks everyday after blow drying.

I use a ionic hair dryer everyday, set to hot, and believe me it is ultra hot, could burn your skin if you don't move it fast enough.

I blow dry every day, this technique can be used to add body as well.

I use a Conair 1850 Ion Shine model. About 20 bucks at Walmart.

Blow away without worries. Also, this is how I achieved all the styles in my pics.

My pieces are all swisss.
02-12-2010, 02:12 PM,
Make sure it's Ion.
02-12-2010, 02:13 PM,
Also, if your piece is not all swiss, then proceed with caution as I have not tested this method on anything but sfs.
02-14-2010, 03:59 AM,
Snipe,
Please explain the different results on the hair in drying with an ion hair dryer versus a normal hair dryer.
Regards,
John
02-15-2010, 10:53 AM,
Shamwow maybe? Big Grin
02-19-2010, 02:42 PM,
Blot as much moisture as possible out of the hair with a towel, then place the unit on a styro head in front of a fan. Turn the unit after about 20 minutes to allow it to dry evenly.

It should be fairly dry by this point. Sometimes I turn it inside out and run the fan across the base for another 10 minutes before I use a hairdryer on a warm setting followed by wiping with a little alcohol. Should be able to cut your dry time in half this way.