Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st System arrived few questions
02-20-2009, 02:07 AM,
1st System arrived few questions
Ok my first order arrived yesterday in the post:

First thoughts:

Its really flat and looks like a beatles mop top!!
Lots of red in it!
The knots are really visible!
Hair feels lovely a soft better than my own!

Questions:

Is it best to wash the system before cutting it?
I ran my hands through the system and quite a bit of hair came out is this normal do they really shed that much?

These may sound like stupid questions but I new so thats my excuse! I have the MB dvd and will watch over the weekend so maybe these questions will be answered on that!!??

Thanks anyway guys and gals
02-20-2009, 02:10 AM,
Re: 1st System arrived few questions
Lots of red? Hmmm... what color is it? Did you order it with red or was that a mistake?

None of my units have red, at least not until after a few months of use. You will also need to bleach the knots...

Also, I don't wash it, it should be ready to wear out of the box and will actually look amazing on the first wear as it has those nice silicones from the factory Smile
02-20-2009, 04:14 AM,
You can wash it first if you want but make sure the base is dry before attaching.

You will NOT get a good idea of how it will look until it is attached and cut in, Forget all about what you think about when you take it out of the package, Once it is cut in it will look nothing like it does now. You can bleach the knots yourself or send to me and I will bleach them.
02-20-2009, 04:26 AM,
I thought all units came bleached from the factory?
02-20-2009, 04:31 AM,
kite_boy Wrote:I thought all units came bleached from the factory?

They do, But some like extra bleaching, To be honest mate a lot of people make a lot of fuss over knots, If the density is 70% and over you cannot see the knots anyway, But some still want them bleached, Pointless in my view but there you go.
02-20-2009, 04:35 AM,
BA,

If I need to send my unit back for bleaching, do I send it to the Minnesota address? I currently have my system sent back for a crown fill. Should I contact John to look at the system and bleach if needed before he ships it back to me?
Thanks
Wiggy

By the way, John has done a fantastic job communicating with me on my first order so I can get the spec correct for future orders.
02-21-2009, 01:07 AM,
Watched the MB DVD last night that came with my system and it answered a load of questions I had, I couldnt believe the difference of how the system looks off the head and on total transfomation.

Couple of questions I was gonna dye my natural hair and then the piece am I right in asuming that you dye your own hair first then the system? If so anyone got any tips on this?

Thanks all
02-21-2009, 01:13 AM,
Thanks for the responses BA and Mr Burns

No I ordered a color number 2 Im thinkin of dyin it anyway so no biggy and it may just be the lighting making it look red

It does shed a lot though is this normal?