Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gym and sweating
02-21-2009, 01:01 PM,
gym and sweating
Well, this one is not about sweat losening the bond or so...

As I heard many of you work out from time to time, I wonder how you create the illusion your topper-hair is sweating as well as the sides and back? I mean, I do sweat a great lot when I do sports. It's been like this ever since I can remember. Since I wear (13 months now) I've gone to the gym always with a baseball cap, especially when doing cardio with causes the sweat floating alover my head and body - except my top hair since I wear.

The hairpiece hair ain't connected with the follicals, of course, and that's why I run the risk of having my sides and back soaken (black) after 15 or 20 minutes whereas my top hair is almost completely dry (medium brown)... That would look really odd, I suppose...

Ever since wearing a cap has been an option, but I wonder if you guys have found something better.

I'd appreciate you sharing your experience about that Smile
02-21-2009, 05:11 PM,
Re: gym and sweating
Could you, after a bit, go over to a water fountain to like get a drink and cup the water and run it over your face/head as though you are trying to cool yourself off . . . and in doing so 'incidentally' wet the top of your head?

It's just an idea that came to me as I read it, I don't know how practical that is. But I know at the gym guys do that all the time, so it's not like it would attract any specific attention.

Is that feasible where you work out?
02-21-2009, 08:19 PM,
Couldn't you simply wet your hair and then hairspray it before you work out? Or put some gel that creates a wet look? Doesn't seem like it'd be that big of a problem to solve.
02-23-2009, 09:25 PM,
so how would a full cap react in the same situation? just wondering
02-25-2009, 02:33 AM,
I'm a true-blue gym rat, and I sweat like a pig. The sweat from my scalp will quickly, and I mean quickly, drench whatever mangy old unit I've worn under my Redsocks hat, so there are no real lines of distinction on my head. Are you saying that the top of you head just doesn't sweat? Heck, that would be fantastic--then I wouldn't have to fight so hard at attachment!