Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remy hair
02-21-2009, 02:57 PM,
Remy hair
I have been doing a lot of research. I have worn hair for a long time and I am sick of the issues I have had for many years. I can make my hair look good, I am good with working around the annoying problems that show up about a month after I get a new system. I have learned a lot from this forum in the last few days. I have a bunch of product on it's way to solve my dryness, visible knots, bonding, dullness issues. I hope they work. I have a new system coming from a new place I have been using, they are nice people and not out to screw me with a progrmam with high fees. When I find out my color and density and specifics, I am ordering from Toplace to try it out. I have had experience with the well known places that promise the world and you end up with a toupee glued to your head. I am taking things under my own controll now but I am going to try to find out what are my best options.

Remy hair sounds great but I have read that if its not single strand with the cuticle of ALL the hair running away from your scalp as it does in growing hair, it will tangle. When the hair is attaced in a "v" knot, the cuticle will run one way on one strand, and the opposite way on the other strand which are both coming from the one v knot. Am I getting to detailed here, does any of this matter? Does Remy hair tangle? My current system is processed and has no cuticle and it does NOT tangle. It looks good at first but will lose shine and dull, which Remy hair is not supposed to do as fast. I wish there was not so much info out there, it makes my head hurt....! I have been searching for a long time to find a solution that would allow me to wash, dry, style and GO all in a normal amout of time, I don,t want to have to work at it so much. I know there is maintenance, and proper care and I am doing that all now but my results depend on what my hair feels like doing that day and not my skill and commitment to proper care. Any comments are appreciated!
02-21-2009, 04:48 PM,
Re: Remy hair
hairagain Wrote:I have been doing a lot of research. I have worn hair for a long time and I am sick of the issues I have had for many years. I can make my hair look good, I am good with working around the annoying problems that show up about a month after I get a new system. I have learned a lot from this forum in the last few days. I have a bunch of product on it's way to solve my dryness, visible knots, bonding, dullness issues. I hope they work. I have a new system coming from a new place I have been using, they are nice people and not out to screw me with a progrmam with high fees. When I find out my color and density and specifics, I am ordering from Toplace to try it out. I have had experience with the well known places that promise the world and you end up with a toupee glued to your head. I am taking things under my own controll now but I am going to try to find out what are my best options.

Remy hair sounds great but I have read that if its not single strand with the cuticle of ALL the hair running away from your scalp as it does in growing hair, it will tangle. When the hair is attaced in a "v" knot, the cuticle will run one way on one strand, and the opposite way on the other strand which are both coming from the one v knot. Am I getting to detailed here, does any of this matter? Does Remy hair tangle? My current system is processed and has no cuticle and it does NOT tangle. It looks good at first but will lose shine and dull, which Remy hair is not supposed to do as fast. I wish there was not so much info out there, it makes my head hurt....! I have been searching for a long time to find a solution that would allow me to wash, dry, style and GO all in a normal amout of time, I don,t want to have to work at it so much. I know there is maintenance, and proper care and I am doing that all now but my results depend on what my hair feels like doing that day and not my skill and commitment to proper care. Any comments are appreciated!

I have systems with Remi hair (from here, Toplace) and systems with "processed" hair and I really can't tell any difference in behaviour between the two and this spans several years of wearing real hair.
I've worn for around 20 years, but only in the last few years with lace units and human hair.
All the ones before that were synthetic hair.

I really have no drying issues and no tangling issues.
I don't wear my hair long, maybe 2" or so and, at times, less.
I rarely wash (shampoo) the hair and that probably helps a ton.
I've posted here a lot of times that I regularly get 10 months ~ 1 year out of a unit with no shedding, very minor color fading (I wear 1B with some gray). I sleep on satin pillow cases and wear a hair net when I sleep (usually). That, along with very seldom shampooing the unit may be the major reasons that I don't experience tangling.

Smile
Fred
02-22-2009, 12:53 AM,
Thank you Fred,

I should say, I wear mine all the time and re-bond around every 2 weeks. I wash my hair daily, and use a good conditioner and use a light spray leave in conditioner. My hair is longer on the top and front, around 3-4 inches and shorter around the perimiter. I use various products for syling and hold. I think the products I have been using have added to the fade. I have ordered a bunch of stuff from reading this forum and hope that will help me goining forward. Let me add that up till now I always thought I did a good job of working with my hair but a few months back I had one of those"my hair did not turn out very good" days. I was woring at my store and and older man with a possum on his head asked me if I was a member of "The club". It took me a second but it hit me, that he ment the Hair club. I almos died right on the spot. I thought, Please dear lord, Do I realy look like this guy???? I have been wierded out since then and am looking for something better, somethng that wont have as many or NO bad hair days. I know when my hair is not looking it's best and I know how to make it look it's best but some days it fights back and almost wins. If Remy hair is softer, shinyer, and last longer, maybe tht is what I am looking for?? I just read other forums and some said that sleeping with it on can make it tangle a lot.
02-23-2009, 12:41 AM,
Any ther info on this would be appreciated