Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are my expectations realistic?
02-23-2009, 01:46 PM,
Are my expectations realistic?
Thanks to everyone telling their stories, giving tips and giving out great information.

I have stuggled with hair loss for a while. I have worn hair for a long time and for the most part, it has been better than the alternative. Transplants are not an option for me. (still have scars to prove that). I need to know if what I am now looking for is possible. I understand proper care and maintenance. I know some of the most expensive places are NOT the answer, they are a money trap. ( I have the cancelled checks to prove THAT!) I have had some good systems lately, (not from toplace) that with a little work will look pretty good. I want it to look great. I want the wind to blow and not have to worry about anything showing that would embarass me. Is there the possiblity of a system to look good in the sun, in the wind, and up close? The systems I have start out good but after a few months, like 2, they start to act up and not look as natural as I would like them to. In styling my hair, I have to almost force my hair into a style that best suits the system, rather than just having hair. In my days of having real hair, I styled it in a way I wanted, rather then the the way the "system" looked best. Can replacement hair be shiny, have movement, and if it gets blown around or mussed up, can it just fall back in place or just be fixed with you hand? WHen my system gets messed up, I have to get to a mirror, and make my repairs to the syle so it wont look "bent". I prefer a smooth, straight, more solid hairstyle about 3 to 4 inches long on the top, shorter around the perimeter. sort of a Hugh Grant style but a little shorter. Is this possible without a LOT of product and spray? I would LOVE to have hair that would behave like ordinary hair without making a "hairdo". No spikes, no swirls, no flips, just hair, neatly swept back into an sort of off center part. Let me know if I should just reduce my standards and continue to work with what is available.

Thanks to anyone who cares to leave a comment.
02-23-2009, 09:45 PM,
Re: Are my expectations real?
Hmmm Im not sure myself, however Snipe new cut looks a bit like what I think your after check out his posts. I would be intrigued too to answers you get, as Im thinking of going down that line aswell once I get confident I'd like to aim for a jack white kinda cut you know long and curly centre parted but Im worried the hair just wont act natural!!!
02-24-2009, 01:15 AM,
Re: Are my expectations real?
Thanks 7thson, I saw Snipes and that is realy close to what I am going to aim for, BA had a style like that too. The thing is,. I can get my hair looking like that but I does not behave like hair. I can get a nice looking style but it wont move like real hair. If it does move, the illusion is ruined because somehting is off when it gets wind blown or messed. I don't want something that is to perfect, to controlled. My hair should not look the same at 9 Am as it does at 5PM. In order to get a natural style, I have to use a lot of product to get it to "behave" Real hair is not so difficult, its just hair...

I don't fully understand why when the hair system is made of real hair, it won't behave like real hair! With the realistic hair line, finer density, soft texture, smooth silicone sprays, will it move and mess up like real hair?

The best way to describe what my question is would be, if I was at a rock concert, decided to do a head banger move, my hair would barely move the way everyone else's would, and NO I am not a rocker and I don't expect to become a head banger anytime soon....

I will say this, when I do order from toplace and I will, if I get the resultrs like Snipe or BA does, I will still be pleased, even if I dont get the realistic movement I would love to get.....