Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the Debbie's in this world?
02-24-2009, 07:26 PM,
Where are the Debbie's in this world?
I've been wearing for awhile but only just started getting stock pieces & cutting them in myself. I'm really trying to become self sufficient but i'm just not there yet! I'm not doing too well on my latest pieces. Firstly Stock pieces need to have the knots bleached so I tried but totally stuffed up! The roots & shafts are yucky yellow orange. Then I tried to cut my hair & made a mess of that too! This game can be very frustrating sometimes! Hence the title where are the Debbie's in the world! You guys that have people like Debbie at your disposal are so blessed! I'd really love it if I had someone as clued up like them close by that I could see. Every hair replacement stylist that I've ever seen has no clue! I'm sorry to sound negative i'm always quite positive but as i said this hair thing can really get too you. I guess my short term solution is to go back to custom pieces with my actual hair sample & go & pay the money to get a cut in. Confusedhock:
02-24-2009, 10:01 PM,
Re: Where are the Debbie's in this world?
Mate, I feel your pain..Its true how lucky those guys in US are to have Debbie.. :mrgreen: I am sure there are people here that have a similar dedication to their profession but they might not be working on hair pieces. I am just a bit too embarrassed to go asking around all the different hair dressers if they can do anything special with a hair piece but if I do I am sure there will be someone who will give it a decent go..
End of the day it is just hair and lace that they have to work with and any person with good artistic skills can at-least get close to Debbie's expertise. Otherwise just save enough money to have a holiday in the US and see Debbie while you are there.. Wink
Also wondering if Toplace will ever do a convention in Australia. Idea Idea
03-02-2009, 09:36 AM,
Simple solution: send your piece to Debbie to cut in along with a photo and instructions of the style you want. Turn around time from Oz is about 14 -17 days.

She can also bleach the knots, but be warned this can weaken them and lead to premature shedding. If you have got bleach on the shafts turning them orange just dye them again to match the rest of the piece. Takes 15 minutes. Put some conditoner on the underside of the base to stop the dye getting onto the knots and preferably do it with the piece hanging upside down pinned onto a styrofoam head base.
03-04-2009, 02:24 AM,
thanks guys...you are too kind! I'm very lucky to have a job I love and I love what I do. I wish I could come "down under" and help you all out....I really do. maybe someday we will make it to Australia....but I'm sure it is pretty expensive.
DebbieS.