Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi! A newb with a few questions!
02-25-2009, 10:15 PM,
Re: Hi! A newb with a few questions!
Hi Kevin!!
Welcome!! French lace will last longer than a SFS unit...But I have had French lace and I really don't care for them simply because sometimes the lace is too rigid and hard to stay put without lift...others on the forum swear by french...it's a personal choice and you would have to try one to see the difference...However if you get a SFS lace I would purchase Debbies knot sealer...It will definelty give you a longer life from the unit...My current unit is going on 8 months so you be the judge...I know most people on the forum think that all newbies need to start with french lace...but that's only if you don't have a clue about maintaing your unit...It all depends on your lifestyle and how hard you are on the unit...As far as products go...you will just have to experiment a bit adjusting for your own chemistry...I would get some ST30 tape and maybe start with Base Bond or Iglue...and go from there...As far as density goes a picture would be a good starting point and BA and John can direct you on those issues...I am 60 Years old and wear 65% with a little grey...and this seems to fit the density of my own virgin hair very well....again BA and john with a picture can direct you on your first order...most other companies have their own density charts that are different than Toplace. Hope this helps...Welcome to Toplace...they have treated me very well.Cheers

Messages In This Thread
Hi! A newb with a few questions! - Kevin - 02-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Re: Hi! A newb with a few questions! - Guest - 02-25-2009, 10:15 PM