Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puckering front hairline
02-25-2009, 02:12 PM,
Puckering front hairline
I have this odd issue as of late. The lace when applied to the front puckers. It looks like bumps at the front and creates shadows that make it stand out. Now, I can tell you that I paid particular attention to my application being sure not to pull or tug. I just laid it flat and it puckered really bad. Any idea what good be happening?
02-25-2009, 05:37 PM,
Re: Puckering front hairline
I had this problem a while back.

I think I at some point tugged too hard at the sides when applying the front lace and stretched the lace differentially (ie more at the front than at the back), so that my front lace section was slightly funnel-shaped and could never lie flat. I experimented with some more controlled tugging to even the stretch out, but it was never wholly satisfactory, and I ended up ditching the piece.

Could it be this in your case? Can you post a pic?
02-25-2009, 06:18 PM,
I'll bet you are talking about french lace, no?

I never had an issue with swiss, but always did with french until someone suggested to cut the lace all the way back to the hairline and it worked like magic.
02-25-2009, 10:34 PM,
I aggree with Jrob....I had the same problem...I was reading things in the old forum and decided to cut the lace all the way back to where the hairline starts...and YOOOOOOO no more problems with puckering. Cheers
02-26-2009, 06:12 AM,
I agree with JRob, French Lace is a disaster if you leave any of it hanging out. It will need to be cut just right at the hairline.

I only use SFS now and it allows you to leave some lace in front much easier. Try it out!
02-28-2009, 02:33 PM,
Will I potentially have that problem with a french lace but combined with a sfs hairline?
03-10-2009, 02:08 PM,
I think it has something to do with where I am putting it on my forehead. The skin on my forehead is a bit looser than my scalp. That and i have the lace a little too long in the front. Once i removed the extra lace I don't see any bunching or pickering anymore.
03-23-2009, 03:04 AM,
Jrob and others:

I thought we are supposed to leave a little bit of lace at the front of our systems. Does this only apply to sfs lace, but with french lace you should cut it all the way to the hairline to avoid puckering? I ask this in particular because I just got my first french lace piece and I experienced puckering on first attachment (i leave 1/8"+ of lace at front).

Does the disadvantage of cutting the lace up to the hairline on SFS exist on French lace? In other words, does cutting all the lace on french solve the puckering issue but cause the other problem (the one when doing that with sfs).

What's the deal here?
03-23-2009, 07:41 AM,
NotGuilty Wrote:Jrob and others:

I thought we are supposed to leave a little bit of lace at the front of our systems. Does this only apply to sfs lace, but with french lace you should cut it all the way to the hairline to avoid puckering? I ask this in particular because I just got my first french lace piece and I experienced puckering on first attachment (i leave 1/8"+ of lace at front).

Does the disadvantage of cutting the lace up to the hairline on SFS exist on French lace? In other words, does cutting all the lace on french solve the puckering issue but cause the other problem (the one when doing that with sfs).

What's the deal here?

It has nothing to do with leaving bare lace at the front, It is caused by the piece not lying flat on the scalp and that is caused by the piece having the wrong curvature or not being applied to the scalp correctly, The lace should be stretched out towards each temple so it doesnt leave any creases in the lace at the front hairline. This is why I always advise on applying the piece at the front FIRST not applying the back first.