Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just did 1st attach. - I'm freaking out
03-02-2009, 05:43 AM,
Re: Just did 1st attach. - I'm freaking out
BillW8ter what your experiencing is a combination of hair shock and lack of experience in how to deal with these things. It takes time mate, Don't give up, because in the end, your the one who's most likely gonna lose out.

I can tell you, from years of experience, that after I get a new system cut in and blended, I still look 'unnatural'. The pieces are excellent, don't get me wrong, the unnaturalness is due to a few factors:

1. Its a new piece, so its gonna be puffy
2. Since its new, i haven't had time to work on it, ie product in it, trim here and there how i like it, style it etc
3. pieces always look a little bit weird after a fresh attachment in my opinion

What I do after i get it cut in is i go straight home and work on it. I put gel or spray in the hair and comb it to the style i want over and over. I blend sides more and back more, and used more product to force the style i want more or less and also to reduce the puffiness, ( i get high density pieces which i like). It does take a couple of hours of tweaking, over a few days, but after that im good to go with the piece for about 4 months.

You will see that how the piece looks now and in a few days, and then after your first 2 attachments will drastically change for the better most likely.

I know your freaking and i don't blame you, but you have to understand that how your piece is looking now and how it will look after some tweaking and in a few days time is very different.

Trust me, wait it out,do your best to tweak it and follow all the advice here and dont give up!!!

Anything worthwhile in life takes some time. Being bald aint so nice mate.. thats my honest opinion. There really is no need to be bald when these pieces really can be worked on like magic. Just takes some time to get used to it and develop more skills.

Sam
03-02-2009, 09:07 AM,
billw8tr why dont you get some pics up and people will be able to give you there opinion it may help!!!???? :?:
03-02-2009, 09:21 AM,
Sester Wrote:There really is no need to be bald when these pieces really can be worked on like magic. Just takes some time to get used to it and develop more skills.

Sam

I agree with you, and it only makes it worse for me... I know this could have worked, but with time running out, I'm afraid I'll have to do what I've been trying to avoid this whole time... I'm really getting sick to my stomach by now.
03-03-2009, 01:27 AM,
Was your initial cut-in made by a recommended stylist? Did they add any product?

What kind of problems are you actually experiencing?
03-04-2009, 01:00 AM,
Bill, relax man...

Get some cheap wet look gel, wet it down.

Give it a chance to settle.

And most of all, POST PICS! NOW Smile
03-06-2009, 05:44 AM,
billw8tr Wrote:
hairagain Wrote:use a mist type leave in conditioner to tame it down.

I'm doing this (it's the only thing that makes it just slightly better)... it dries quickly, not a permanent solution...
Is there a product that gives you "wet" look? Worth a try.
Also, can I do my own knot bleaching? (I'm thinking that would make big difference).

I don't know how you guys expose you hairline, with this one, it looks... well.... not good at all...
Still freaked out (headache too)

Waxworks will give you that shiny wet look. Just like everyone has said, the first week or so with hair it will look "wiggy"...after a few washings it will look fine. Also, "heavier" hair is more realistic since it falls down more naturally.

Hope that helps a little. Don't worry about those feelings of fear, stress, apprehension. It's all natural. We've all experienced it. The first time I put on my hair, I almost cried. I emailed both John and Jrob with my concerns. They probably thought I was crazy lol.

It WILL get better. Play around with it. Get Waxworks (or the generic version at Sally's Beauty Supply). Put in some gel and style it with a brush. See what happens.

Good luck!