Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just did 1st attach. - I'm freaking out
03-01-2009, 08:40 AM,
Just did 1st attach. - I'm freaking out
Just got my system done.

I took really long time, getting all the advice and info here, got couple of systems before I decided to do it.

It's done now (professional cut-in), and I'm completely freaked out... I don't think this will fool anyone. I'm about to take it off and shave my head.

Color match is near perfect, but hair just looks like obvious piece... it's to heavy, and where I try to show some scalp (part hair) it looks sooo bad... very unnatural.

Enyone had this happen? How do you deal with this?

(going into this I was excited; I knew it wasn't going to be 100% undetectable, but I'm very disappointed and right down depressed at the moment)

Is there hope?
03-01-2009, 08:52 AM,
Re: Just did 1st attach. - I'm freaking out
You might just have "hair shock". I know I did the first day.

Post some pics so we can see what you're talking about......
03-01-2009, 10:59 AM,
Some freak-out is normal. You do need to experiment with the hair, use a mist type leave in conditioner to tame it down. I needs to settle down too, what density did you get?. I hope you do alright with it, I remember the feeling that everyone was stareing at me and that I have a giant arrow pointing to my head....Best of luck to you...
03-01-2009, 11:16 AM,
Sounds like you have to much density maybe?

I remember when i first started wearing, i freaked out too, it looked like i had way to much hair...after a few days it grew on me and it felt more normal. Just calm down and maybe order less density next time.
03-01-2009, 12:15 PM,
hairagain Wrote:use a mist type leave in conditioner to tame it down.

I'm doing this (it's the only thing that makes it just slightly better)... it dries quickly, not a permanent solution...
Is there a product that gives you "wet" look? Worth a try.
Also, can I do my own knot bleaching? (I'm thinking that would make big difference).

I don't know how you guys expose you hairline, with this one, it looks... well.... not good at all...
Still freaked out (headache too)
03-01-2009, 12:52 PM,
Try styleing without exposing the hairline. As far as getting the WET look, there are products but using the mist leave in conditioner, and then a bit of hair spray to set it and then it shouuld stay wet looking when it dries. You are not familiar with styleing all that hair. What is the density?

Bleaching the knots will make the hairline look a lot more natural. I used Debbies knot bleaching process and it worked well. Is this system from TOPLACE? Ask one of the founders for some help,.
03-01-2009, 07:04 PM,
post a picture
03-01-2009, 08:26 PM,
billw8tr Wrote:
hairagain Wrote:use a mist type leave in conditioner to tame it down.

I'm doing this (it's the only thing that makes it just slightly better)... it dries quickly, not a permanent solution...
Is there a product that gives you "wet" look? Worth a try.
Also, can I do my own knot bleaching? (I'm thinking that would make big difference).

I don't know how you guys expose you hairline, with this one, it looks... well.... not good at all...
Still freaked out (headache too)

If she has buthchered the base theres not a lot you can do.
If you have another one take it to Emily in Toronto on Monday or take a trip down here and I will take care of it.

Just let me know.
03-02-2009, 12:20 AM,
From the sound of this poor guys worry and the concerns he has called out, it sounds more like a density issue and not having the experience with dealing with a lot of new hair. Can you get to where BA is suggesting you go to?
03-02-2009, 05:41 AM,
I'm in contact with BA, trying to see if there's still hope.
From reading all the posts and attending convention, I know this is not the typical first cut-in, it really is just my "luck".